22

Yoongi walks into the living room of Jimin's apartment as the younger walks in from getting his mail from downstairs.

    "I think that's the last of your things, Jiminie." The older says looking around the apartment. "Are you sure everything else is garbage?"

Jimin's attention is too focused on a piece of mail he received to answer Yoongi.

    "What is it?" The older asks walking over to him.

    "Oh my god," Jimin says dropping the rest of the mail. "this can't be..."

    "What?" Yoongi asks as Jimin walks past him and sits on the couch.

The younger tears the mail open, his eyes widening when he sees the familiar hand writing on the cheap notebook paper in the envelope.

    "It's Soonyoung." Jimin says, his voice nearly inaudible as tears spring into his eyes. "It's from Soonyoung."

Yoongi smiles softly. "I'll take this last box down, take all the time you need."

Jimin can hardly nod his head as he chokes on his own tears.

Soonyoung's messy handwriting sprawled across the cheap paper sends chills down his spine.

Jimin-hyunggggg, it's Soonyoung. They finally let me write and of course I'm writing to you. I know my parents will be expecting a letter but I will write to you each week during my hour of free time. It has only been a little while but the more I behave the faster I get released so I'm trying not to let myself get upset. This has been my fastest recovery after relapsing and I think I owe that to you. I always hear you telling my to take care of myself and it makes me so much stronger.

My medication has been reduced and I only take a few pills a day, I don't even feel sick when I take them. I've been trying to write this letter for so long but I'm so excited that I keep writing a bunch of nonsense. I just want you to know that once I get out this time I'm going to try to be on my own. I think this is the last time I let this happen to myself, hyung. I really think I'm better now even though I said it before I mean it this time.

Write me back and make sure you tell me all about how you're taking care of yourself because I've been worried about you. Just let me know that you are okay.

I've wasted all my time now so I'll close this letter. We will meet again when I get released Jimin and we'll celebrate because this is the last time I get checked into a hospital.

I love you Jimin-ah.

Take care of yourself.

—Hoshi <3

Jimin smiles down at the letter, his tears wetting the page as he rereads the words over again.

Soonyoung sounded happy through the letter and he hoped that the younger truly was happy.

"I love you too, Hoshi." He says out loud, tracing the words under his fingers.

The front door opens and Jimin looks up at Yoongi.

"You okay?" The older asks with a sad smile.

Jimin nods, wiping his face. "He's okay. He s-says he's doing better."

"I'm glad." Yoongi says sitting down next to him.