Chapter 12- Chocolate cake

OKAY, making a chocolate cake was obviously not as easy as it is in the commercials..I should have listened and just used a cake mix.

"You know that i can make it for you"

Rose said approaching me, trying to take the steel bowl from me,i stepped a side dragging the bowl with me and shook my head.

"No no..i can do it"

She shrugged and nodded  her head, watching me from afar incase I gave up.

"Okay"

I followed the rest of the instructions and finally! The cake was ready to get some heat and i was ready to take a shower i slipped the cake in the oven and checked my wrist watch ..it said that i still have a little time to not get my ass kicked by my boss, i thanked god and ran upstairs ,picked some decent clothes and took a shower then ran back downstairs before drying my hair..small water drops fell on my face as i was running down the stairs heading to the kitchen.

I stood beside the oven waiting anxiously for the cake to finish.

"Staring at it won't make it cook any faster justin"

I chuckled and ruffled my wet hair, sitting on the counter.

"I'm excited"

"What is this beautiful smell?!"

My head turned toweard's the entrance of the kitchen before i smiled at Madison.

"A chocolate cake!"

I said excitedly, eyeing the cake in the oven.

"It's..today...today is his birthday"

She placed her hand on her mouth, her eyes wet with tears.

"Justin..you..you remembered"

I nodded, looking at the oven with a small smile on my face.

"How can i forget?"

"Justin i think it's time to get the cake out"

Rose said so i nodded and got the cake out..the chocolate syrup was ready so i poured it on top of it and shoved it in the fridge ..it will taste better cold .. sadly..i didn't have time to give it to him during breakfast so i just waited until we got back from work ..he was upstairs in his room dealing with some business on his phone when i walked in with a slice of cake drowned in syrup wearing a cheeky smile.

"Connor"

"What?"

He replied plainly, still looking at his phone, i rolled my eyes -still smiling though- and sat infront of him on the bed i kept staring at him untill he noticed And his majesty finally decided to look at me he looked at the cake then locked eyes with me.

"What is that"

I grinned childishly and offered the cake to him.

"A chocolate cake!!"

He took a minute to put the pieces togeather then started talking.

"Today is-"

I cut him short due to how excited I was and nodded quickly.

"Your birth day! Happy birth day Connor!"

He seemed a little confused and shocked at the same time, he placed his phone down next to him and sat up straight.

"Who..how did you know?"

"Your mother told me! She told me that your father used to make a home made chocolate cake for you every birthday morning ..i'm sorry i couldn't give it to you in the morning but i struggled with making it and had to re do it twice because it sucked ,and i also had to go to work so it didn't have enough time to get cold so..happy birth day, boss"

He stared at the slice of cake in my hand, i stretched my arm further to him, he took the plate and after another minute he took a bite

"I'm sorry if it's a little burnt or taste horrible or something i-"

He shook his head and intrupted me

"It's..amazing, thank you,justin"

He smiled at me and i smiled back taking in all this beauty that's sitting infront of me and asked myself...when? When did i managed to  have a crush on this..beast..how could i do such dumb thing..to catch feelings for my boss ,i looked away to get myself togeather then my gaze was fixed on him once again, a small smile was drawn on his face as his own gaze was fixed on the chocolate cake like it was the most interesting thing he had ever layed his eyes on, i smiled and patted his knee gently.

"Let's go finish this with your mother down stairs okay?"

He smiled and nodded, we both went downstairs.. he walked toward's the living room and i walked to the kitchen.

"Rose, have you guys tasted my amazing cake?"

I said, flipping my imaginary long hair, She chuckled and shook her head.

"What? You guys are missing on alot!..i'll leave some for you guys so you can know and appreciate how much of a good cook i am "

She giggled, nodding her head at me, i took some of the cake and walked to the living room to find his mother sitting on a couch across from him, i sat what was in my hands on the table that was between them and sliced the cake, gave madison her share then sat down next to connor with my own slice in hand.

"It taste's amazing, justin..thank you for doing everything you do for connor and for me. You're truly a blessing"

She almost cried saying that, and that's when i realized how much she appreciate's everything i do for them. I smiled at her then turned my head toward's connor to find him allready staring at me i placed my right hand on his left cheek and ran my thumb on it untill it reached the corner of his lips

"I would gladly do it for him"

I leaned in and connected our lips in a short kiss. After pulling away i leaned my forehead against his. God this is going to hurt when it all comes to an end.

...