Chapter Five, The Party At The Mansion, Part Nine

"This isn't good," Ledias said as she watched the monitor. "We're going to lose if this keeps going. We need to get out there and help them."

      "But what about the cure?" Sancho asked.

     "We can worry about that later. For now, let's go and help them," Ledias answered. She grabbed Theodore by the ear and Slayer by his tail and dragged them to the exit.

     "Ow ow ow ow ow! Let go! My tail isn't a leash!" Slayer complained.

    "My ear! Are you gonna cut it off and eat it just like what happened to that one dragonborn?!" Theodore asked.

     Ledias stopped dragging them and looked at Theodore. "How do you know about that story?" she asked.

     "My grandpa was one of the adventurers accompanying them," Theodore answered as he puffed out his chest. He was filled with pride of his grandfather.

     "That was my grand uncle whose ear got ripped off you jerk." She pulled harder on his ear.

     "Your grand uncle was a dragonborn?!" Slayer asked.

     "My family tree is weird-"

     From behind, a loud rumbling could be heard. Ledias paused and turned around to see where the sound was coming from. The ground trembled slightly, making the ceiling drop dust.

     "What is that?" Ledias asked as she dropped the two of them and walked towards the opposite doorway. The door was slightly cracked open, a bright white light shining through slightly. She peered through the opening and looked out.

     From far away, the bright white light was incoming fast, evaporating everything that touched it. The elf screamed in horror as he was enveloped in the light. The golem did not care and accepted his fate.

     "Oh god, we need to go. We need to go now!" Ledias yelled.

     "What's going on?" Sancho asked.

     "No time to explain! Let's just get out of here! Slayer, I bet that this is your fault!" Ledias said as she pushed Sancho to the exit.

     "Why me?!" Slayer complained.

     "Because you button mashed all of the freaking buttons and one of them could've been the one that kills us!" Ledias answered.

     Another explosion shook the place. Ledias turned her head and saw that the light had already penetrated the wall to their room and was making its way towards them.

     In one swift motion, Ledias quickly shoved Sancho through the doorway and kicked Theodore and Slayer to him. She shut the door and quickly cast defense magic on the door and wall.

     "Ledias!" Slayer called as he got up and pounded on the door.

     Ledias looked back at the light charging at her. She raised her hands to cover her face as it enveloped her.

     "Ledias!" Slayer screamed as he tried to bust down the door.

      "You idiot! Stop! If you tear down that door, the light will flood out and kill the three of us!" Sancho yelled while pulling Slayer's arms back and dragged him away.

     Slayer tried to wiggle out of his grasp, but Theodore pushed against him too. "We have to go Slayer. We have to help the others."

     "But what about Ledias?!" Slayer asked as he tried to kick Theodore off of him.

      "She's gone already. We have to go!"

     Slayer cried and whimpered as he was dragged back up to the surface. Once they were inside the first floor of the mansion. They fell on the ground and sighed.