Seven.

Corrine

"I won't settle for no less
Give you my hardest, no rest
I just wanna do you right
I hold heaven in both hands
Give you my hardest, no rest
I just wanna do you right, girl
I just wanna do you right"

I sang along with SG Lewis as No Less played through my speakers. It was Saturday and I was doing the weekly clean to the house. Dusting couches, wiping down mirrors, and throwing out bad foods were just a few of the things I did. Antonio was out with his family today which gave me the opportunity to have a bit of alone time. I go from Dean to Antonio or Antonio to Dean and it's tiring, not in a sexual way. I just feel like I can't breathe.

Dean and I haven't been sexually involved since that day in the bathroom and I'm happy for that. When we have meetings, I can feel him staring at me lustfully, as if he wanted to kick everyone out and fuck me right on the table. He'd attempt to speak to me but I'd ignore it. I was happy with Antonio, he was...

Stable.

I didn't feel insecurity, I didn't feel like I was just the main option when it came to him. I felt like the only one in the world and Dean would never understand that.

I just hate how it caused us an entire friendship because he didn't understand it.

As stated before, Dean and I used to be very involved with one another. It was around the time I began working there.

"Hello everyone! Thank you all for coming to this short meeting. I wanted to introduce a new member to our visual team, this is Corrine Moon." Morris smiled as he introduced me.

"Hi everyone, glad to be here." I smiled.

"Please be kind and helpful as we are all a team here at Fire and Desire. Corrine, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Alright everyone, continue on with your day."

Everyone came and welcomed me and once everyone else left, he was the only one standing there.

"I'm Dean." he stuck his hand out to me.

"Corrine." I returned the gesture and we shook hands.

"What made you choose here?" he asked as we began to walk out of the meeting room.

"They called back." I said with a light laugh and he joined me, "But I've always been interested in this company. I used to be a sales associate at the store down on Piedmont and worked my way up from there."

"Oh so you're from around here?" he asked.

"A proud native."

"Well, hopefully I'll see you around outside of work."

"Hmm.. Maybe." I spoke and headed to my office to begin my day.

--

Weeks passed and people stopped checking in on me except Dean. He would linger around my office some days, making little jokes and things of that sort. It was nice but I'd already observed him and saw that he was flirtatious type. I didn't need any parts of it so I'd just laugh it off and not flirt back.

That was until the Christmas party.

It was the annual Christmas party and I was tipsy, chatting with a few co-workers watching them do karaoke and dancing to the music. As I enjoyed myself, my bladder was ready to be released so I got up and headed to the bathroom. It was really clean which I liked, but that didn't mean I would sit on the seat. I squatted comfortably and released my bladder, which felt like a gallon of water spilling out of me. Alcohol always made me feel that way. Once I finished, I wiped and flushed, then went to wash my hands. I checked over myself in the mirror and reapplied a bit of lipgloss and fluffed my hair before walking back out.

As I walked outside of the bathroom, Dean was walking out of the men's bathroom.

"You look beautiful." he spoke, examining my attire. I wore a simple pair of light distressed mom jeans with a white short sleeve shirt that read, "WEST" in black along with a pair of heels and a choker. This to me, was a casual look and I liked it that way.

"Thank you, you're not so bad yourself."

He smiled at me and I looked at him, examining his features. His hair still remaining in the frazzled state, not in a grungy way but as if it was placed there hair by hair.

He was fine as hell and Lord knows I wanted him to touch me everywhere.

We stood there for a little, just staring at each other. All I saw was him and I. The room had gotten quiet it seemed, the music was fading out of my hearing, and my sight only saw him. He walked towards me and leaned in, kissing me passionately, hungry for my taste.

--

I shook my head thinking back to us. It's such a cliche story between us. The Christmas party, really Corrine?

My phone began to ring and it was the same number that called a two weeks prior. Once again, I didn't answer. They didn't leave a voicemail last time so I guess it wasn't too important.

I decided to ignore it even though it frustrated me a bit because my music stopped playing. Once it stopped, I went back to dancing and cleaning, happy about my peaceful home.

My phone rang again, the same number showing up. I rolled my eyes ignoring it once again, letting it ring.

This time, they left a voicemail.

I grabbed my phone and went to listen.

"Corrine..." a slurred voice spoke, "Corrine, Corrine, I love you. Come on now baby, you love me too."

"Drunk calls? It's only five o'clock." I rolled my eyes, only God knows which female he's slept with and is now calling me after his drunk sexual escapades.

But you know you want to be that woman.

I am fine.

Mhm.

I wish I could whoop my subconscious' ass.

But you can't.

"Shut up!" I yelled aloud.

I threw my phone on the couch, and went to shower before starting dinner, angrily washing off the feel of Dean.

I needed to get rid of him once and for all, because every time I feel like I'm over it, he appears.

---------

This chapter was a bit short and all over the place but I hope you enjoyed!

What do you think she'll do to get rid of him????

-M. Taylor

Ya'll...I think I'm back lol. I'm already writing the next chapter.❤️