Epilogue

Four Years Later
Antonio

"It makes four years today." I mumbled, staring out of the window, watching the rain fall. It was a bleak day in Seattle where I'd moved right after everything happened. I let her have it all, the money, the house, I'd even left my clothes there.

"Antonio where are you going?" Jackson asked as I got into the car.

"I gotta go." I shook my head and started the car, pulling out of the driveway and driving, not even knowing where I was going at the time.

All I knew was, I wanted to start fresh.

It was four years since I'd arrived at the hotel in Seattle. During that time, I transferred to a different university, and was promoted to the department chair in the social sciences department.

"Antonio honey..." my wife Teesa spoke, walking into my office and wrapping her arms behind me.

I'd also gotten married to my wife Teesa or Tee as everyone else called her.

A smile formed on my face feeling her small body try and wrap around me.

I turned around and held her, staring into her pure eyes, her glasses resting neatly on her nose, and her rich dark caramel skin always shined, even on a bad day.

"Yes?"I asked.

"Dinner's ready."

"What time is it?" I asked her, thinking it was too early for dinner.

"It's almost 7:15."

"Oh okay. I'll be down shortly."

"Everything okay?" she asked, always knowing how I got when it rained. My mind would always wonder but not negatively and she loved to hear my take on my thoughts.

"It's been four years since I've been here. Who knew that an event like that would change my life for the better?"

"I'm glad you came."

"I'm glad I found you." I smiled, kissing her forehead.

We walked downstairs hand in hand as if we'd ever leave one another.

"I want you to check something." she said.

"What?" I asked.

"Go look in the oven."

"You made pork chops?" I asked her.

She laughed, "No. Just check."

I shrugged opening the oven door seeing a sheet pan along with what appeared to be a hamburger bun.

"You heated up a bun?" I asked.

"No Antonio." she laughed at my confusion.

"Explain this to me."

"What's in the oven?"

"A hamburger bun."

"Take out the hamburger and..."

"A bun." I looked at her, still confused.