Sixteen.

The Night Before The Wedding...

Omniscient

"To the future married man!" Jackson toasted to Antonio's upcoming nuptials.

"To the future married man!" the rest of his friends smiled. In the room sat: Jackson, Antonio's best man, and both of his groomsmen, Cooper and Eli.

"Welcome to the married bunch man." Eli patted Antonio on the back. All of his friends were married except for him and honestly, they seemed happier than he was, even though he was elated.

"How do you feel?" Cooper asked before drinking his beer.

"I feel great." Antonio shrugged.

"Why the shrug then?" Jackson asked.

"The whole ordeal with my parents."

"What happened?" Eli asked.

"Long story short, they're racist, don't approve of Corrine and refuse to speak to me because of us being married." Antonio shook his head in disgust, recalling their vile behavior when he told them the news.

"What?" Eli asked, "What does her skin color have to do with them?"

"Exactly but whatever. It's just kind of sad that my own parents won't see me get married. It's like with Corrine, she doesn't have a choice but my parents are alive and well and because of their hatred, they won't attend their own son's wedding." a small sigh escaped Antonio's lips. He was very family oriented so this took a toll on him. Something he'd never share with Corrine because he didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"Listen, if they can't accept you for who are you are, is it good to even have them around?" Eli asked, looking at Antonio.

"You're right." Antonio nodded, agreeing.

"Now let's get a little more beer in you, loosen you up a bit. You're tense man. You need to relax, you're about to marry the woman of your dreams."

"Fine, but I'm not trying to get drunk."

"You have my word." Jackson rose his hand and handed everyone another beer.

Antonio knew they wouldn't get extremely wasted. Him and his friends could be considered the safety crew. The ones who followed rules, obeyed orders, and never colored outside of the lines. This was only another reason as to why his parents were so upset. Antonio was always the good boy yet he couldn't obey that rule.

As for his friends, they all followed the same route. They were the kids that parents could brag about because of their good grades and amazing attitudes but they never knew what fun really was in the eyes of the wild side.

A place Corrine liked to visit every now and again.

He may have been stable but, he lacked something...

Adventure.

On the other side of town, Corrine was having her own celebration hosted by her bridal party.

"Raye, now you know damn well tequila makes my legs fly open." Corrine rolled her eyes, knowing her friends knew how certain drinks made her act

"That's the point now drink." she laughed. Currently Hazel, and Corrine's two bridesmaids, Mia and Raye were all drinking at a bar. Mia was Hazel's co-worker and Raye was Corrine's but they all clicked so well, they just meshed together.

"To the future bride!"

"May I actually go through with it." Corrine mumbled with an eye roll.

"Dammit Corrine." Hazel shook her head, "You're still unsure. Your wedding is tomorrow sis. I'm not sure what you want to happen."