Fourteen

One Month Later...
Corrine

Staring in the mirror, I looked at myself in my potential wedding dress, as I stood on the bridal stand.

"You're really about to get married." her eyes teared a bit.

I gave a small smile, "The stability I always wanted from Dean."

"Sis. Are you sure you want to do this? Especially after what you told me with Dean?"

The entire month, Dean has been trying. Coffee in the morning, texting every day, and really did it up with the weekend rendezvous at a cabin.

"Honestly Hazel..."

"Be real with me Corrine."

"It feels good."

"To have two men fighting for you? I mean technically one doesn't even know he's fighting."

"I mean with Dean. The way he had me you know? It feels good to see him sweatin' and trying to break his fucking back to finally see that I was good enough and the true love of his the entire time."

"But you still want Antonio?"

"Safety."

"Safety?" she questioned.

"Dean could flip at any moment."

"Touché, girl you something else. Dean really has been trying. He tried to take you ring shopping."

"I almost let him."

"But Corrine, why stay when you know where your heart belongs? I get it, the safety shit but you won't ever be truly happy with Antonio because Dean will be right there always in your head."

"Stability over no assurance."

She shook her head, "Okay sis. You got it."

I knew she felt a type of way but if she was going to drop it, so was I.

"How are we doing in here?" the bridal assistant asked Hazel and I, "That dress is so pretty on you."

"Think so? I'm having doubts about it."

"What aren't you liking about it?" she asked.

"Well...I'm not really the poofy dress kind of girl. I like my curves."

"I have the perfect idea. I'll be right back."

Hazel and I nodded and waited for her return. I decided that the colors for the wedding would be white, silver, and blue due to it being a winter wedding. We decided for December and I was honestly excited but nervous nonetheless.

Was I truly ready to say I do?

Hell no.

But I can't stop my life for maybes and that's what Dean was...

A maybe.

As much as I enjoyed him finally being there...I was still unsure.

People can do right and then get comfortable and Lord knows I didn't want to be in an unhappy marriage. With Antonio, I could tolerate it, we could have pretty children, move into a house. He continues teaching, I continue at Fire & Desire, we provide our kids with a good life. It's stable. It's needed.

As for Dean, he could promise me this future but who's to say he'll come through? He could change his mind and I was so scared that I would be making a mistake by choosing him, that I...

That I was marrying someone I had love for instead of being in love with.

Dammit Corrine.

"Here we are!" the assistant came back holding a dress. It was a mermaid dress, along with a bit of a train to it. The entire dress was lace, including the sleeves that were off the shoulder.