Ten.

Quick Message:

I HAD TO UPDATE AGAIN! Ya'll will see why at the end ❤️
-------------------
Antonio

"Soooooooo, did she say yes?" one of my students, Hannah asked me.

"She did."

The class clapped and cheered after hearing of Corrine and I's engagement.

It was nearing 7:30 and I never wanted to stay in class until it ended.

"Alright everyone, have chapter 12A done for next week. Remember, everything you need is either in the book or dropbox. I want the assignment turned in to me by 5:59 PM. next Tuesday. See you all next week."

"Congrats again, Mr. White." Danny high fived me and I smiled.

"Thanks Danny."

"So since she said yes, do we get extra credit?"

"I'll consider it." I laughed.

"My man." he smiled and left the classroom.

It was Tuesday and I'd just dismissed my Introduction to Business Programming class. I taught a number of courses but this class was my favorite. I was getting them fluent in computers, and with today's technology changing, they needed everything to prepare for the real world.

Grabbing my belongings and making sure everyone was out of the classroom, I cut off the lights and headed to the parking lot.

My phone rang as I walked and I knew it was Corrine because of her ringtone.

"Hey my fiancé." I said into the phone.

She laughed and I knew she was grinning from ear to ear, "Hello my future husband. Headed home?"

"Yeah, I let them go early. They were happy to hear about the engagement. One of my students wanted extra credit since you said yes."

She laughed, "How cute. Come home, I made your favorite."

"Is that so? I should've asked you to marry me sooner."

"Oh hush. Mrs. Corrine Antoinette White, sounds lovely."

"It does, I'll be home soon. I love you."

"I love you more." her sweet voice spoke into the phone and with that, we ended the call.

I loved her so much but...

We did have a problem.

My family? One of the most racist people in America. Seeing an African-American brings them disgust. They've never been fond of Corrine and I dating and now that we're engaged ?

My mother might just die this time. She almost had a heart attack hearing that I was dating an African-American but I didn't care. I love Corrine and nobody would stop me from my love.

No one.

----
The smell of broccoli ran through the house as I heard the sound of steak simmering on the stove. I walked into the kitchen seeing Corrine wearing sweats and her favorite black and white striped apron that read, "What Happens in the Kitchen, Stays in the Kitchen."

"Hey." I said before kissing her cheek.

"Hey handsome, dinner's almost ready."

"I'll be down after a shower."

"Sounds good."

I walked upstairs, taking off my clothes and putting them in the hamper. I walked into our bathroom and started the shower, allowing the steam to hug the mirrors before I got in.