Twelve.

Antonio One Week Later

Antonio
One Week Later

I was angry. I was extremely angry. Corrine had been really distant from me lately and I knew the exact problem.

The phone conversation.

She'd act like everything was okay but she wasn't. When I say distant, I'm saying her heart wasn't in anything when it came to us. She was more quiet, her kisses didn't send the sparks they did before, our sex wasn't passionate...

I didn't know who she was.

I parked my car into my parents home and rang the doorbell.

"Hello Antonio." my mother smiled hugging me, "I would say give your momma a smooch on the cheek but there's no telling if your lips have been on that girl."

"Is Dad and Jake here?"

"Yes they are. In the garage as usual."

"We all need to talk. Come on."

She followed me with a look of worry on her face.

Walking into the garage, I saw them looking at different colors to spray paint the car they just fixed up.

"Corrine and I are getting married."

"If you came over here to invite us, you can go bro." Jake shook his head.

"Corrine and I are getting married and you all need to accept it."

"We need to accept it? I don't have to do a cotton picking thing boy!" my Dad yelled.

"You keep going so hard for this nigger but you're not the only one for her!"

"What are you saying?" I asked.

Jake went over to the counter and grabbed a folder, "Read it and weep,Jungle Fever."

I opened the folder and saw Corrine out to lunch with some guy. They were laughing, a smile she'd seem to have lost with me recently.

Was she cheating on me?

"This is a lie." I looked at them. A fucking lie. If you can't accept her and I, don't come. I'm finished with this family."

"Antonio!" my mother screamed in disbelief.

"And the fact that you were able to grab these fucking pictures. Are you spying on my fucking fiancé?"

"I would think that you would be happy that we found out the truth about her bro."

I shook my head and left the house, not caring what they were yelling behind me.

The question still remained:

Was Corrine cheating on me?

----