Eight.

Antonio
One Week Later (Friday)

I stared at the engagement ring one more time before calling Corrine's brother, Myles. I never called him so me calling now, it was serious.

I wanted to propose to Corrine and she always told me that I'd have to get her brother's approval.

"Hello?" his deep voice spoke into the phone. I used to be intimidated by it, but I'd gotten use to it.

"Hey Myles, how are you?"

"I'm good, you?" he asked.

"I'm good, I wanted to meet with you today. Are you free?"

"Give me about" I heard a woman giggling in the background, "Meet me at four. I'll send you the address to my crib."

"Sounds good. See you then."

"Bet." he said and hung up.

A wave of nervousness swept over me as questions ran through my head.

What if he doesn't approve?

Should I still marry her if he doesn't?

Would she even say yes?

Shaking my head, I pushed those thoughts out quickly. She loves me, she would surely say yes. Myles seemed like he liked me as well, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I just felt that Corrine was truly the one for me. She's sweet, she's loving, she's caring. She's such an ambitious woman who just wants to be loved. Especially because of how things happened for her. Her mother and father's story was something she never wanted to face but she was proud of her mother for how she handled it.

Her mother and father met in college, she was majoring in accounting and he was majoring in art. They had to take a pre requisite course together and their love bloomed from there. They graduated, married and Myles was born, Corrine coming a year after.

A few years passed and everything was good. Myles was seven and Corrine nearing six, they saw their mother crying at the table. Their Dad had gotten into a car accident, killing him at the scene. Ever since then, Corrine felt she would never find the love her father gave her. Eleven years later, Corrine's mom passed as well, leaving just Corrine and Myles. Myles was eighteen while Corrine was right behind him. He was luckily able to take in Corrine as his own, making sure she didn't end up in the system. They both worked, paid bills and did what they had to do. Both graduates of college, they went into their careers and have only had each other ever since. Corrine always told me her mother would say, " I imagined dying with your father, but we never know what the future holds. The love I have for him will never die, and who knows? He may come get me one day, but until then, I'll always be here with you and Myles."

She said she would date here and there but there was nothing serious on the male's end. She said she was truly considering one person but I guess he couldn't make her happy the way I did. I was grateful she chose me, privileged, and I was hoping she wanted to be mines til death do us part.

A warm smile crossed my face. Corrine, my love.

----
Arriving at Myles' apartment, I let him know I was outside so he could buzz me in. He stayed in a condo, the penthouse suite because he loved the high rise windows. I'd always admired his home and so did Corrine. He had a two floor apartment, as stated before the penthouse suite. There were two bedrooms, two bathrooms, two huge walk in closets, a grand living room and a nice nook on the second floor where you could see the living room as well. He had it decorated in the colors of gray, white and black and sometimes hints of blue everywhere. Corrine was the one who decorated and she was barely able to get him to have blue but he finally agreed.