Fifteen

Three Weeks Before The Wedding...

Corrine

"So this venue can seat 120 people and has a great area for the arch along with the wedding party. It's quite spacious in case you want to have a bigger entrance while walking down the aisle." the venue owner was trying to sell this place and I couldn't lie, it was beautiful.

"What do you think honey?" Antonio asked me.

"I like it, but we still have a few more to see so I won't close on the deal just yet."

"I see, I see. Well if you'd like to come back and see the place. Here's my card." the venue owner spoke, handing his card to Antonio.

"Thank you." Him and I said in unison.

Walking out, we waited to say anything about the venue until we got into the car.

Antonio opened the door for me to get in and then got in on the other side.

"It's too modern." he shrugged.

"I agree, you think the next one will be better?" I asked.

"I hope so, we're getting closer and closer to the big day."

Currently, we were only a few weeks away from the wedding. Three weeks and a day to be exact.

We were out looking at wedding venues today, the first one was fine but as he said, it was too modern. The building had a very sleek look, it was made for business meetings, not weddings.

We talked more about the wedding before arriving to a country setting, no building, no nothing.

Antonio parked the car and we both got out, as we began to stare at the scene. It was beautiful, the open road.

"You guys gonna come around here or just stand there?" I heard an older woman's voice say. We turned and saw and older Caucasian woman, her white hair straight, going down mid-back.

"We weren't sure where to go Miss."

"Oh now that's not a problem, and call me Ellie. You must be Antonio and Corrine!"

"Yes ma'am." I smiled.

"Well first let me say, congrats on the engagement. You guys are getting married quickly! Can't wait to have his last name huh?" she smiled at me.

"Right." I laughed, which began to become a nervous one.

"Let me show you guys around."

Antonio held my hand as we followed Ellie to the venue.

She was right, we only had to turn a corner and there stood a barn. The barn was wooden, and wasn't painted leaving it's dark brown color. The doors were opened completely and I could see that it was quite spacious inside. We continued walking until we reached the inside.

"Wow." I stared in awe.

"This is great." Antonio said, looking around.

"I'm glad you two like it! My husband and I got married right here in this old barn, you could have the wedding of your dreams here. We also have a little house nearby for you to get dressed, do all your wedding preparations and whatnot!"

"Babe, I love it." I smiled at him. He smiled back at me, and as I stared in his eyes, I felt...

No love.

I love him though.

So why did it feel so different now?

Because you know you'd rather be picking venues with Dean...