Special Chapter

Third Person's POV

After a two and a half decades, Blaize found himself lying on the satisfying sand of the seashore, looking up to the orange sky, hearing the ocean's roar.

He is here, in the exact place where Develyn vanished two decades ago.

After a long time of suffering, hurting because of the grief, after of along dream of having her again, he gain the courage to face the truth, the reality, to wake up from the unbelievingly dream.

To have a courage to let her go.

A lone tear escaped from his eyes, as he reminisce the moments with the woman whom she loves the most. He sat on the big rock near at him and stared at the sunset.

"Sunset, it symbolizes chances. How wonderful it is, wishing you're also staring at it honey." He uttered, almost whispered to the breeze.

Later on, there is an old man who came near to Blaize with a lantern on his hand. The same lantern twenty five years ago.

"Ito na hijo ang pinatago mo nang matagal na panahon." The old man says. Binigyan naman siya ng tipid na ngiti ni Blaize.

"Salamat ho..." Sabi niya at bahagyang pinagpagan ang lantern. The old man look to side to side as if he's looking for something.

"Ngunit hijo nasaan ang babaeng kasama mo noon rito?" Usisa nito. Napatigil naman ang binata sa kaniyang ginagawa at malungkot na binaba ang lantern sa kaniyang tabi.

"She's gone... since in the first place, she's never been here, she and me, together, seems impossible to happen." Sagot naman ni Blaize.

"Umalis siya? Eh bakit hindi mo na lang siya hintayin? Kung bawal pa eh, bakit hindi mo siya ipaglaban? Ganoon dapat ang pag ibig, pinag lalaban." Nakangiting wika ng matanda.

Blaize give him smirk before answering. "I am willing to wait for her, if it is able to be done, kaso ho wala. No matter how long I wait, if she decided not to come back, she'll not."

And no matter how I fight for love, if that love isn't for me, then fighting is useless. But at least I tried.

Hindi naman napawi ang ngiti sa labi ng matanda. "Siguro nga hindi siya bumalik dito, pero baka naman ay nag hahantay siya sayo sa ibang mundo." Makahulugang sabi nito.

Napatingin si Blaize sa kaniya dahil sa tinuran nito at napaisip.

Maybe that's the reason, we're not destined to be with each other in this lifetime, but we are meant to be in her place, in heaven.

"Sige hijo, mauna na ako at baka pagalitan na ako ng boss." The man said, chuckling. Blaize gave him a nod and watched him walk away from him.

He let out a deep sigh and stare at the lantern beside him. "Dapat paliliparin natin to namg magkasama eh, dapat mag wi-wish tayo non' eh, ang daya, iniwan mo ko agad. Hay siguro nay mga bagay talagang hindi pwede..." Malungkot na sabi niya.

Kinuha niya sa kaniyang bulsa ang kwintas na dapat ay ibibigay niya kay Develyn. But he doesn't had the chance to give it to her.

Itinali niya ang kwintas sa lantern at muli itong hinawakan. Inabot niya ang isang lata ng alak at ininom ito.

Honey. I miss you so much.

I'm sorry because I need to stop myself from wanting you. I promise to treasure our memories on my heart, my love for you will remain there, I just need to forget the pain honey. I love you.

The sun is now replaced by the moon, the stars occupied the sky, only the light of the moon gives him the chance to see in the dark, it is time.

Blaize stood up carrying the lantern. He come near to the sea and saw his reflection together with the lantern.

He imagined the lantern as Develyn, and get the lighter on his pocket afterwards lighted up the lantern.

"You gave me light on my world that was full of darkness, you guide me back to the right path." He said while remembering Develyn's face.

"You gave me hope, but yeah take it away again." He said bitterly while smiling sweetly.

"But I will meet you again baby, I will, and when that time comes. I won't let you go."

"But for now, I have to let go... Let go of the pain and sadness, but I will not forget you honey. I love you, thank you for everything."

After bidding goodbye, he let go of the lantern and slowly sat down on the shore while staring at the lantern that looks like going up and will never go down.

"I'm sorry..."

He whispered with a tear on his eyes. He feel love, happy, and contentment. He feel appease, the worries disappear along with the sadness. Everything just turn good.

He stood up and pick the canned beer before putting his hand on his pocket and walk towards the trashcan.

He look once again at the shore, and saw someone, with the same built as hers, walking towards him.

"D-Develyn?" He called while his heart beats erratically. The light of the moon gives him enough light to see the woman.

She stopped at his front and smile dearly.

"Hi..."

END