Blind (AU) Date

You think people who had known you all your life would remember the fact you were blind. Especially if you're in the crime capital of the world.

Nope! So here I was stuck in at the Wayne hotel for the day.

"Are you alright?" Asked a woman whom sounded like she worked here.

i took a deep breath "I am working on that. Is there a dog park near by? Tikki has been working really hard in a new city" I reach to pet my guide dog.

The woman laughed and told how to reach The Gotham City Bark Park. After explaining its location 20 times she realized it was easier to walk a blind girl there.

"We can go on my break." she clapped happily.

"That's perfect!" I clap back. I honestly don't know how long I was sitting on the chair petting Tikki but after a while she came back " Alright, we can go now"

I smile taking Tikki's leach. "Tikki, spots on".

"Lead on Miss" I heard a chuckle and I felt a slim hand in case mine. "What are you doing?"

"Tikki is a good girl but I am the one that knows the way. Plus I get to hold hands with a cute girl" My cheeks warmed.

"Thanks." My family liked to give me fabric and have me create designs I felt on other cloths. Since I memorized the stitch's I would play with it and wear the finished product myself.

It was cold peaceful walk to the park  was nothing I couldn't handle. My toasty jacket and warm leggings were perfect.

"I am so sorry but I have to return to the front desk." She gripped my hand. "If you need me call the hotel. My boss will understand"

"I will be fine. Be safe on your trip back"

"Thank. Wait, no. I mean, Thanks"

I laugh as she walks away. Hours of playing with Tikki, listening to birds, and listening to another dogs play with Tikki. One dog in particular Titus had an extremely wonderful owner that read a book to me.

"Because where his feet should be , there were no feet. There were cloven hooves." The man chuckled. "Well that ends that chapter."

I sent a smile towards the voice on my right "What is that book. I could buy an audio of it or maybe find it in Braille.

"Titus come" the boy demanded.

I tap my leg "Tikki, spots on".

"Spots on" the male asks.

I dangle Tikki's leach in front of me "My family told her leach has spots so it became a running joke".

"Where are you staying?"

"The Wayne Hotel" I answer happily.

I hear the clicking of a leach on a collar. "If you'll let me I would be happy to guide you there.

The walk was breath of fresh air as was his company. Once we got to door I sighed "I guess this the of our time together"

A life shattering chuckle "If you like I can meet you here tomorrow and read to you some more"

"Perfect it is a date"