Expecto Patronum (Hogwart AU 5)

Marinette Dupain-Cheng loved her cousin and Damian Wayne loved her, it was the only way he had to explain why he was here now.

Cho Cheng was tucked into Marinette's embrace. Damian watched as the Ravenclaw's breathing evened out as she fell asleep. But even in her sleep she cried, Marinette did her best to soothe her.

Damian sat down next to the two girls "Perhaps giving Cedic a celebration of life would give her some closure."

Marinette nodded in understanding "I don't think anyone will get closure til this war is over"

Damian nodded in agreement "We're Slytherin, whatever secret society your cousin joined will not allow us to join"

"No they won't but Jon might be willing to show what he learned in a low key way that doesn't out him to Umbit-"

Damian grinned, interrupting what would no doubt be a long rant that woke the sleeping girl. "Do you think he would be will to do that for us"

Marinette began playing with her cousins hair "I think if there is one person in the world that will to drop anything to help a stranger it would our Hufflepuff, tack on the fact that your his best friend"

"Jon has plenty of friends"

Marinette booped him on the nose "That has nothing do with us and you know it"

Damian looked at the girl sleeping in his crushes arms "Do you think that she would be willing to help us as well?"

The sleeping Ravenclaw shifted deeper into the Slytherin's arms. " I don't know if she is in the right mind to even help herself right now. So no. No it is up to me to support her"

"Us" Marinette looked at him "It's up to us"

With nothing short of heart eyes Marinette agreed and fell asleep herself.

With surprise to noone Jon Kent agreed to teach them 'anything he learned in the club that does not exist' with a wink. Twice a week Jon would tell Damian he needed help with studying. Somehow after every study session Damian was able to show Marinette a new or more intense spell.

"You know, for a club that doesn't exist that is really cool" Marinette grinned at Krypto the dog made entirely of joyful light.

Jon grinned " Patronus' are made by thinking of happy memories"

Damian's bright green eyes followed the dog "So no memory that involves my mother"

Jon's dog disappeared "One day we unpack all of that trauma"

Damian sent a playful glare to his best friend " I would rather take a fly leap off the Astronomy Tower. Maybe the thought itself will make my patronus. Expecto Patronum"

Not even the wisp of a light.

Marinette took Damian's hand and twirled herself "Expecto Patronum" Only a faint glow.

Jon nodded "It's a start. What memory did you use"

"The first time I learned to cook with Mama and Papa when still lived in Paris" Marinette whispered "Back before the world got so complicated"

Jon nodded " I miss those days too. Just playing on the farm without a care in the world"

Damian raised his wand "Let's try again. Does the dream I had of Marinette setting Umbridge on fire count as a memory?"

Jon grinned "Try it".

Marinette laughed and 'the study lesson' went on.