Rivals AU

Did somebody ever accuse Damian of being good with people? Well they were a liar.

Bruce thought that Damian should leave Gotham and get some world experience. Experience that did not involve hero work. "That means he is not moving to Jump City, Nightwing"

If Nightwing happened to flip off Batman before backflipping off a building would forever be a mystery.

What better place to send a renegade robin then Paris, a city that legally banned the Justice League. 'The city of Love' was all about people being good with other people.

All of these things led to this moment, He was talking to a classmate about how she had saved a cat. Damian was appalled that somebody had even lost their cat in an airport in the first place.

"Zamir would like to sit next to me since you are new?" The girl asked and Damian nodded. Damian had chosen this alias himself, Zamir Grayson, an introverted mute. Richard happily agreed  to be Zimir's guardian.

He chose to be mute so people would leave him alone. It didn't work but he tried. Grayson even made it an official part of Zamir's paperwork.

Damian silently took a seat next to the girl who was still rambling about how cute the cat was. Honestly he could understand, Damian loved cats.

The bell rang signaling students to get to class. Students began to flood into the room. He was noticed immediately, the students were friendly until the last student walked a second before the bell.

The new student just looked at the rambling girl sadly. "Already lying today?"

Damian stood up angrily prepared to physically defend his new classmate. The girl sitting next to him burst into tears. Even if Damian was mute he would never stand for bullying. 

Bright blue looked into his green as the girl crossed her arms "What story was it this time? She is a friend of Chat Noir and Ladybug? She knows Prince Ali?  She started an international eco-protection group? All of her clothes were handcrafted by CDM? Did she help save her boyfriend Damian Wayne with Robin again? " Damian choked.

Damian frowned and signed 'cat'. The blue eyed  girl nodded "The famous time she saved Jagged Stone's cat. The same man who wrote a song in honor. The man that on multiple occasions clearly stated that he is deathly allergic to cats. The man whose only dedicated songs are to Wonder Woman, his mother, and Ladybug ".

Damian wanted to defend himself. He didn't know. First day at his new school and he 'befriended' the wrong person. Lila kept him close for all of their classes.

Damian escaped the liar at lunch. Long enough to find the blue eyed girl, he tried to go up to her but Alya, the lair's main cronie, stopped him.

"Marinette is a bully trust me you don't be friends with her. Sit with us Zamir". Then she grabbed his arm, it took all his focus to not break her wrist. That would be fun to explain.

Marinette frowned as she watched him get dragged away. Her blue eyes met his, silently he implored her to see past his error.

"Alya" Alya snapped her head to Marinette who stood " I am sure that your new friend would prefer to walk on his own"

Alya released his arm and Damian sent Marinette a grateful nod. Marinette nodded back then quietly.

Maybe he had a chance to fix this. Because even though he was walking away with her enemy, she was looking up ASL on her phone.