Kou Tanaka

Soulmate AU: Kou x Reader

The world is of such a dull colour. All you could see was black, white and grey. No other colours could be seen. That is because, you haven't met your soulmate yet.

You were already 23 and your friends already have their soulmate. Futaba Yoshioka was with Toma Kikuchi and Shuko Murao was with Aya Kominato.

Your sister Yuri Makita had moved to England a few years back so you didn't really know if she already had a soulmate or not.

"Makita-san, take this to table twenty four" Your colleague said.

"Hai" You said.

You carried the tray and move to your location. Being a 23 year old woman, you had drop out of college and had been working in the restaurant for two years.

After a long day, you could finally call it a day. After making sure everything was clean, you and your manager closed down the restaurant and left.

You stop by the convenience shop and decided to purchase some snacks. You went to to the counter and left after paying.

The next few days were pretty much normal. You were serving the customers their orders when you had encounter a particular customer.

He was tall and had fluffy black hair. He had a stoic expression as he was flipping through the menu. You couldn't take your eyes off him.

You rubbed your eyes and your eyes widen when you started to see colours other than black, grey and white.

"My soulmate?" You mumbled.

You look around. You couldn't tell who was your soulmate. But you knew. It is said that when your soulmate appears, you will start to see colours.

However, who is it? Everyone here seems new. You sighed as you wondered who your soulmate is. You eventually push the thoughts away as you focus on your job.

As the day ended, you bid bye to your colleagues before heading home. You were stopped when a figure had appeared in front of you.

"Oh? You're the guy from the restaurant" You said.

"And it looks like you're my soulmate" He stated bluntly.

"Ehh?" You questioned.

"Haven't you noticed your finger?" He ask.

You look down and gasp. A red string was tied to your pinkie. You suddenly remembered. Upon meeting your soulmate, a red string will appear after you start to see colours.

"So... You followed my string?" You ask.

"Seems that way. I'm Kou by the way. Kou Tanaka" He said.

"I'm Y/N Makita" You said.

"Makita? You're Yuri's sister?" Kou ask.

"You know my sister?" Kou nods.

"We were friends and still are. But I'm pretty sure she moved to England" says Kou.

"That's right she did" You said.

"Anyways, here's my number. Let's meet up" says Kou as he hands you a piece of paper.

"Sure thing" You said.

After meeting your soulmate, you and Kou got to know each other, eventually you know that he is a year older than yoh and he's studying at the College that you dropped out of.

Eventually, Kou tutors you at whatever he has learnt and you tried to catch up. About three months, you are preparing to confess to Kou.

"Don't be nervous Y/N, Kou is a great guy" says Futaba.

"How can I not be nervous Futaba? We may be soulnates but we never really said that we liked each other" You said.

"I'm sure Kou likes you too" says Futaba while patting your back.

"This dress would look good on you" says Shuko.

"Let me see Shu-chan!" Your sister exclaims from the phone.

Oh right, Kou had ask you out on a date again and this time, you wanted to confess, thus calling Shuko and Futaba.

And it just so happens that Futaba decided to video call Yuri who's currently in Paris for a field trip. After Shuko showed Yuri the dress, she sqeualed with excitement.

"If Tanaka doesn't accept you, I won't let anyone else have you!" says Yuri.

"I'm sure Tanaka likes her. They're soulmates after all" Shuko stated.

After some hours, the doorbell rang and Shuko went to get it. As expected, it was Kou and he looked really stunning in a tux.

Kou then takes you out and after a dinner, he brought you to a hill where you were stunned by the beautiful night sky.

"It's really beautiful Kou" You said.

"It's more beautiful when I'm with you. Y/N, I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?" Kou ask.

You were shocked. You didn't expect that Kou was the one to confessed. You eventually smiled and hugged him.

"I love you too Kou. I'll be your girlfriend" You said.

Kou smiles and the both of you cuddled together under the beautiful night sky. After that, you've been really happy as you spend your time with Kou.

After Kou graduated from College, he decided to bring you to America with him which you gladly followed. Since, you never left Kou's side and he never left yours.