Kyojuro Rengoku

Mentor Kyojuro x Reader

"Y/N! Time for training!" Your mentor, the Flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku called.

"Hai Rengoku-sama!!!" You called happily and immediately ran to him.

You are Y/N L/N and a Tsugoku of the Flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku. And here's a little secret, you had a crush on this overly enthusiastic guy.

When you first saw him smile and reach out his hand to you in the midst of a crisis, you had instantly fallen for his smile and kindness and basically his personality and character.

Everyone knows about your feelings for him, including the hot tempered Sanemi and the lonewolf Giyu. Everyone except Kyojuro himself.

Let's just say, he's oblivious to your feelings. You are a Flame Breath user just like Kyojuro. You have been training with him since you passed the Final Selection.

You are expected to be the next Flame Hashira if anything happens to Kyojuro. Though, you didn't want that to happen. Then again, you'll never know what may happen.

These demons are cruel and ruthless. You despise them. Thus, when you were sent to Natagumo Mountain along with Shinobu and Giyu, you had attempted to kill all demons.

And that had included a fellow Demon Hunter's demon sister. You and Kanao (Shinobu's Tsugoku) had chased after it. You were so determine to kill her when a Kusagi crow came.

You growled and brought the demon back to HQ. You were expecting the Oyakata-sama to do some punishment to the demon and the demon hunter.

However to your shock, Oyakata-sama allowed Tanjiro Kamado to continue to travel with Nezuko Kamado. Even Giyu and the previous Water Hashira had said it.

You were beyong angry but you couldn't do anything since Oyakata-sama said so. After that, you didn't bother caring about Tanjiro and the others.

"Y/N, focus!" Kyojuro says, snapping you out of memory lane.

"I'm sorry Rengoku-sama" You apologized.

"Y/N, is there something bothering you?" Kyojuro ask.

"It's nothing Rengoku-sama. Let's continue training" You said.

"If you say so" says Kyojuro and you two continued training.

After training was done, Kyojuro gave you a juice box. You thank him and drink it in one gulp.

"Something is definitely bothering you Y/N. Tell me what is it" says Kyojuro.

"Rengoku-sama... What do you think about demons not eating humans?" You ask.

"Are you still bothered about what Oyakata-sama said about allowing—"

"Yes Rengoku-sama. I just... Can't think that there is a demon who doesn't consume human flesh" You stated.

You shivered as those memories started to haunt you again.

You were about fifteen years old when those demond had attacked. You were just living a peaceful life in a small peaceful town with your mother and brother.

Your father had died from a disease when you were ten. You only had your mother and your brother. However, that one fateful day has caused you to hate demons.

In order to protect you, your mother had locked you in the cabinet. You had witness your mother and brother getting eaten by those demons.

They may have been a low ranked, they scared you to death. After those demons left, you finally came out of hiding and cried over their death.

That was when Kyojuro came. You didn't trust him, you feated that he was a demon too. Kyojuro had apologized to you that he couldn't get here sooner.

Kyojuro had reached out his hands to you for you to take. You were debating since you didn't have anyone else.

That day when you took Kyojuro's hands, you never left his side and he himself didn't mind.

You didn't realize that you had tears running down your cheeks when Kyojuro was wiping them away. You blushed when Kyojuro's hands made contact with your cheek.

"You shouldn't cry Y/N. It doesn't make you look good" says Kyojuro.

"Rengoku-sama... I'm still scared of demons" You mumbled.

Kyojuro suddenly shifts close to you and give you a comforting hug. Your eyes widen but eventually relax as you inhaled his scent.

'Rengoku-sama smells good and... I like it' You were thinking whether this was the right time to confess or not. Though, yoh were afraid of rejection.

"Rengoku-sama... C-Can I call you Kyojuro?" You ask softly.

"Of course. I'd be happy to hear you call my first name" says Kyojuro and you smiled.

"Kyojuro... I like you" You said.

Kyojuro was stunned but eventually smiled and pulled you closer to him.

"I love you too Y/N. I always have" You smiled and snuggled close to him.

"Kyojuro... I know this is random but... Please don't ever die on me. I'm scared if you're not here" You said.

"I'll do my best to protect thr one I love. You must also live" says Kyojuro.

"I will" You mumbled.