25

Chapter: 25
Pov: Jamie

Corbyn told me to wait here, because he had a surprise for me. I normally don't like surprises, but I can't deny how cute it is that Corbyn puts so much effort in this date, so I'm kinda excited for this surprise now. He is the sweetest ever.

***
It took him a couple of minutes to come back and I saw that he was carrying something.

***
Pov: Corbyn

I thought that this was the perfect moment for me to sing 'Mad At You' to Jamie, so that was what I was going to do.

I told her that I had a surprise and I went to my car to get my guitar and some little candles and cozy lights.

It was already slowly getting darker.

As soon as I got all my stuff, I went immediately back to Jamie.

***
Pov: Jamie

When he made his way towards me, I saw that he was carrying his guitar and a bag with a bunch of stuff in it.

'Hey, I'm back!' Corbyn said a little out of breath because he jogged over to me.

'I hope you didn't mind waiting for a while, sorry about that,' he added while putting his stuff down and spreading a blanket for us to sit on.

'Not at all, but you make me really curious though.'

He went on unpacking his bag. There were some cute lights inside, some candles, a lot of snacks and something to drink.

When did he prepare all of this?!

'Okay, Jamie, are you ready for my surprise?' Corbyn asked casually, but I could see that he was a little nervous.

'Totally ready!' I said being totally not ready for what was coming.

Corbyn first sat next to me, but now stood up and picked his guitar up.

'Well, you might not like it actually, maybe I shouldn't do this,' he said super shy while sitting again.

'Come on Corbyn, it doesn't matter what you do, I'll like it anyways! Even if you were about to do a crazy dance, I'd join you,' I said comforting him.

He was now focusing on the candles that he took with him.

'I just realize that I didn't take a lighter for these candles,' he said while handpalming himself.

'Don't worry about it. Now, show me that surprise! I can't wait any longer!' I said way too excited.

He stood up again and put his fingers on the right places on the guitar.

'Jamie... you must know that I've been having the time of my life since we met. So it was a rough time after, you know, we found out about our moment in Amsterdam that day...

..After you told me to leave your apartment, I felt so bad that I started thinking a lot. And when I start to think, it turns into writing sessions most of the time. That happened this time as well. I kinda wrote a song about all of this..'

I stared at him and didn't know what to say. I could see that he didn't know how to act either and looked mostly at the ground.

..I think that this is the perfect moment for me to sing this song about you, to you.. '

He stopped talking and started playing the guitar.

♫...

Don't matter what you do
Don't matter what you say
I'm lyin' here with you
And baby, I can't stay
You say you're done with me
I swear that I'm done too
And then I try to leave
But baby, I just can't stay mad at you

...

I listened to the lyrics very carefully and felt a tear forming in my eye.
I didn't know he felt like this. I acted so stupid.

...

In the morning when we wake up
After another fake break up
I don't even remember what we were fighting for
We're always laughing
With some crying in between but
Girl, our love is tangled up between the sheets

...

When he finished his song, I looked at him and felt my heart beating faster.

He wrote a song for me?!

He actually did.

What do I need to say now?

'I hope you like it,' he said.

'I like it? I LOVE IT. No...'

I moved a little bit closer so I could face him.
We were looking each other in the eyes now.

'You know what I love?' I asked while cupping his face in both my hands.

'I love you,' I said finishing my sentence and kissed him gently on the lips.

We disconnected after a couple of seconds and he looked me in my eyes again.

'You know what Jamie?' he said whispering and stroke a string of my hair out of my face behind my ear.

I nodded for him to continue his sentence.

'I love you too.'

He kissed me again. His soft lips against mine.

You know those cute moments in movies and you're always like, damn why can't I have those? Well I was living one of those moments now. It was perfect.

You may wonder how one of these moments look like in real life? It looks like this. And I can't believe that this was my sight for the whole night.

{A/n: can we take a moment for this shot of Corbyn? He is so perfect

{A/n: can we take a moment for this shot of Corbyn? He is so perfect. I hope you enjoyed this chapter :) }