10

Chapter: 10
'Jamie?'

I suddenly heard from behind...

As I turned around, I saw Jonah and Liam.

'What are you doing here?' Jonah asked with a confused look on his face.

'Corbyn invited me,' I answered.

'Alright. I find it kinda weird when Corbyn asks you, you say yes and when I do, you say no,' he said disappointed and stormed off.

'Is that true Jamie?'

Corbyn gave me a confused look.

'No! I have no idea what he's talking about. He never asked me,' I answered confused.

At that moment Jack, Daniel and Kate walked in.

'What's wrong?' Kate asked me.

I told them what happened.

'You should talk to Jonah,' Daniel said.

I nodded and followed Jonah.

I knocked on the door and waited for Jonah to respond.

'Come in,' I heard a voice saying from behind the door.

I entered the room and sat down next to Jonah.

'Hey, are you alright?' I asked while placing my hand on his shoulder.

'I'm just disappointed.'

'I'm just confused. You never asked me to come Jonah?'

'I did. Not directly,' he responded.

'What do you mean?'

I gave him a confused look.

'I texted Liam after the party. I asked if you and Liam wanted to come to the show. He texted me that you didn't want to.'

'What?! He never asked me that!' I said on an angry tone.

Without another word said, I stood up and walked towards Liam who was talking to Daniel.

'Why would you say to Jonah that I didn't want to come? Are you jealous or something?' I said, giving him an angry look.

'Can we talk somewhere else please?' he asked, trying to calm me down.

I didn't answer but just gave him a sharp look.

We walked to the empty dressing room and Liam closed the door behind me. I said nothing and crossed my arms, waiting for an explanation.

'I think I'm catching feelings for you...'

I looked at him with wide eyes.

I didn't know what to say.

'You don't have to say anything,' he said looking down.

So that's what I did.

'When you kissed Jonah at the party, I thought you liked him and when I got the text from him, I just thought I would be the third wheel you know. And I kinda want you for myself.. I know it's super selfish and I know it's wrong what I did. I'm so sorry.'

It was quiet for a moment.

'Can you please forgive me?' he asked, almost giving me puppy eyes.

'Of course,' I said after a while.

Liam let out a sigh.

'Thank you Jamie.'

I gave him a little smile.

'You need to say sorry to Jonah though,' I told him.

'I know,' he said with a smile.

Suddenly, Kate came storming into the room.

'The boys are going up!' she screamed.

We hurried into the hall and we stood on the first row. We were waiting for a while until Eben came on stage.

'What's up LA?!' he screamed.

The crowd went wild.

Eben was a great performer. I really enjoyed his performance.

When Eben ended his last song, he thanked the crowd and introduced Why Don't We. The screams of all the boys and girls in de crowd were deafening. I can't blame them though. I was also screaming like a crazy fangirl. I just couldn't help myself.

A big smile crawled on my face as the boys jumped on stage in full excitement. They started with a song I didn't know that well; I depend on you.

It took a while until Corbyn noticed me and give me a big smile. He loves performing. You see it immediately.

With the lyric;
🎵 We on something, something, some.
We on something different, 🎵

Corbyn made eye contact, while I sang the lyrics out loud.

After that, they performed some other great songs. I really enjoyed the concert.

***
'Did you enjoy the show?' Corbyn asked me, when were backstage again.

'I loved it.'

He gave me a smile.

'I'm hungry,' Zach suddenly said.

'Let's go grab something to eat,' Daniel responded.

'Great idea,' Jonah added.

Liam and Jonah had talked and luckily, Jonah understood and things were good now.

***
On the way to the restaurant, we all talked and we were getting to know each other better.

I learned that Zach is the youngest. He is very energetic and always happy. He is always in for something crazy.

Jonah is the oldest. He is the wise one and he has a big heart.

Jack always makes jokes and everyone laughs way too hard about them. He really knows how to cheer you up.

Daniel is the kind and spontaneous one. He's always in the mood to talk and is a good listener.

Corbyn is the sweet one. He always smiles and he is so positive. He loves everything that's in outer space.

I really liked this group. We all got along so well.

As we arrived, we chose a big table and sat down.

'What are you going to order?' Jonah asked, who was sitting next to me.

'I have no idea,' I answered while looking at the menu.

'French fries with a hamburger sounds great. Just saying,' Corbyn whispered with a smile.

'Yeah, I was thinking about that too,' I responded, returning the smile.

'Corbyn knows best,' Jonah said not loud enough for me to hear it.

'Sorry, I didn't hear you?' I said to Jonah, while raising my eyebrows.

'Oh, never mind,' he responded with a smile.

'Alright.'

We ordered our food and talked until it arrived.

***
'How good was your food on a scale of 1 to 10?' Corbyn asked me with a curious look.

'A four.'

'No way,' he said with wide eyes.

'Kidding. It was amazing. A nine,' I said.

We both laughed.

'You guys seem to get along pretty well,' Jack said with a smirk on his face.

I looked at Liam, who gave me a look I couldn't really describe...