Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Emethyst's POV

After what felt like walking forever; we finally reached what I assumed to be the Pokemon School. I was amazed at how large it was, with a huge school yard. It reminded me of one of those large vacation homes you saw the super rich renting in those exotic places of the world.

"Wow," I said, looking around. There were Pokemon of all types around with their trainers, and some I assume were wild. "This school is huge." My school in Lavender Town was maybe about a quarter of this size, if that.

"Yeah," Ash said. "It's pretty awesome!" He exclaimed, as he ran for the school with Pikachu. "We'll be waiting on you four in the classroom!" He yelled from a distance.

My dad smiled. "That Ash is something else." He said, as he shook his head.

I giggled a little. "Tell me about it." I replied. I wish I had that kind of happiness and will to live care free like he did.

My dad put his hand on my shoulder. "Come on, let's get you enrolled." He said, as he began walking to the school entrance.

"Okay." I said, as I followed suit behind him like a lost Rockruff. My heart began thudding in my chest with nervousness. I looked behind me to check on Haunter and Froslass. They both floated and looked around in amazement as well.

I followed my dad into the building, and straight into an office of sorts, I assumed the Principal's? It was a very wide open, spacious room. There were two white sofas facing eachother with a coffee table in between. I then looked to my left, and saw a wooden desk, with a large bookshelf behind it.

"Alola!" I heard a raspy, male voice say. I turned around, and saw a familiar face.

"Wait! Professor Oak?!" I exclaimed, as my eyes widened. The man looked exactly like the Pokemon professor in Kanto, except he had long gray hair and wore a teal collared shirt with some blue Wailmer looking shapes on it. He wore khaki shorts and brown sandals.

The man laughed. "Professor Oak is actually my cousin." He said. "I'm Principal Oak."

I rolled my eyes. It was like Officer Jenny's and Nurse Joy's all over again. What was next?

Froslass and Haunter floated around the office, checking out their surroundings. They began to Ponyta around a bit, as they played around with eachother. I had to keep an eye on Haunter though, because he had a bad habit of getting on Froslass's nerves after so long and they'd fight sometimes.

"Principal Oak, this is my daughter, Emethyst." My dad said, introducing me.

Principal Oak smiled. "Well, it's a pleasure, Emethyst! Are you enrolling today?" He exclaimed happily.

"Uh, yeah." I said, allowing myself a half smile. I was still extremely nervous. I still didn't know what to expect out of all of this.

Principal Oak then got a good look at me, as if he were sizing me up. "You know, if Professor Kukui hadn't of told me you were his daughter, I would have assumed it was a female Ditto!" He said, changing his face to that of a Ditto's.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion. "Uh.. what?" I said, confused.

My dad smiled a bit embarrassingly. "Principal Oak is known for his Pokemon gags." He giggled.

"I see." I said, as I could feel myself smiling a bit weirdly.

Principal Oak then got some papers out of his desk. "Well I know Professor Kukui's class starts soon, so here's what I'll do." He said. "You can start your first class today, and we can finalize your paperwork at the end of the day."

I nodded. "Sounds good to me." I said, allowing myself a small smile. Suddenly, I heard a low growl coming from behind me. My dad and I both turned around at the same time, and saw Froslass growling at Haunter, getting ready to charge a Shadow Ball. Haunter looked like he was getting ready to use a move as well.

"Froslass! Haunter! Don't you two start!" I yelled at the both of them. Sometimes I felt like a Pokemon parent, and not a Pokemon trainer. Froslass immediately stopped, and put her hand back over her mouth bashfully as she normally did. Haunter made one of his many funny, weird faces.

"Ugh, what am I gonna do with them?" I said, as I rolled my eyes and put my hand on my forehead.

Principal Oak laughed. "Alright, well Emethyst, enjoy your first day of class. I'll see you in a Mawhile!" He said, making the face of Mawhile and moving his arms.

I scrunched my nose at his gag. "Uh, thank you." I said, trying to be polite and nice.

My dad and I walked out of the office; Haunter and Froslass trailing behind us. My heart began thudding in my chest as we approached the classroom, I assumed. So many questions and thoughts were going through my head. What were my other peers going to think of me? What were they like? What if they don't like me?

"Do you want to make a big entrance?" My dad teased, as we approached the classroom entrance.

I looked up at him, giving him a confused expression. "Uh, no?" I said, staring at my own eyes.

My dad giggled. "I'm just checking." He said. He then walked into the classroom entrance, but I stopped right outside. My nervousness then took over me, as I felt that familiar streak of stage freight come over me.

My heart began pounding out of my chest. Froslass and Haunter stopped by me, and noticed my discomfort. It felt like that night at the talent show all over again, except my mother was no longer there to comfort me. Tears of nervousness welled in my eyes.

"Alola, class!" I heard my dad say.

"Alola, Professor Kukui!" I heard the class reply back.

"We have a very special new student joining us today." My dad said, happily.

Suddenly, I felt the Froslassite warm up on my chest. I looked down at it, and watched it glow. I put my hand over it, and for some reason I felt myself beginning to calm down. It immediately made me think of my mother.

"Oh mom, I wish you were here right now. I'm so nervous." I said to the Froslassite, as it continued to glow and feel warm against my chest skin.

"Emethyst! Come on in!" My dad exclaimed happily.

I took a deep breath, and let my legs carry me into the classroom entrance.

I heard everyone gasp, as I saw six pairs of different eyes staring at me.