Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Emethyst's POV

"Gengar, use Shadow Ball!" I yelled to Gengar. Ash and I were down on the beach, training for when I went to go see the Kahuna tomorrow. The sun was beating down on my exposed shoulders, and the waves were crashing on the shore. Mimikyu and Froslass were on the sidelines being my cheerleaders. Gengar charged his Shadow Ball, and shot it at Pikachu.

"Dodge it, Pikachu! Now use Thunderbolt!" Ash exclaimed

"Dodge it, Pikachu! Now use Thunderbolt!" Ash exclaimed. Pikachu jumped out of the way just in time, and the Shadow Ball hit the sand. Pikachu jumped in the air, and shot his thunderbolt at Gengar, just like he did when Haunter almost attacked me.

Before I could tell Gengar to dodge it; Pikachu's thunderbolt hit him directly

Before I could tell Gengar to dodge it; Pikachu's thunderbolt hit him directly. I forgot how quick his thunderbolt was. Gengar took a hit, but it wasn't enough to make him faint. "Shake it off, Gengar!" I called out to him. "Try to paralyze with Lick!" I exclaimed. I watched Gengar levitate, and go over to Pikachu with his tongue out. I don't care what it takes, I'm going to win this.

***

Normal POV

Meanwhile, Professor Kukui was on the loft cleaning up a bit. There wasn't very much to clean, but because Emethyst and Ash were out of the house he figured he would tackle it before it got any worse.

Just as Kukui was about to walk down, something purple caught his eye that was peaking out from underneath Emethyst's bed. He walked over and  picked it up, to see it was a purple colored envelope that had Emethyst's name written on it beautifully in black pen.

"Well, what have we here?" Kukui muttered funnily, as he opened it. He expected it to be a love letter or something. He pulled the note, but was met with something way darker.

Your mother left these in my possession before she died. I figured you should finally know the truth.

***

Emethyst's POV

"Gengar, shadow claw now! Don't hold back! Go for the knockout!" I exclaimed. Either Ash had stepped his game up, or I was just off my game today. Gengar floated over to Pikachu and tried to claw him, but Pikachu was too quick.

"Pikachu! Use-" Ash exclaimed.

"Emethyst!" Ash was cut off by my dad's familiar deep voice. I turned my attention up at the hill, to see his familiar shirtless labcoated figure waving me in. "Can you come here for a second?" He asked, kind of sternly.

Ugh.. What now? I thought. Probably something stupid as always. "Yeah, one second!" I called out. I turned my attention to Gengar. "Are you okay with staying out here just for a moment?" I asked him.

"Gengar!" Gengar exclaimed and jumped up and down. I'll take that as a yes.

Ash then walked over to me. "Whoa, everything okay? He seemed kind of mad." He said, sounding kind of worried.

I shrugged. "I'm sure. It's probably something stupid anyway." I said. "I'll be right back. Mind keeping an eye on my Pokemon for me?" I asked him.

"Not at all. I'll train with them a bit if you want." Ash mentioned. I did like the way he trained, so I was okay with that.

"Yeah, go ahead." I said. I sighed a bit loudly. I wondered what he wanted? I walked over to the hill you had to climb up to get back up the my dad's house.

"Kyu! Kyu!" I heard Mimikyu's familiar cries behind me. I turned around to see she was chasing after me. I forgot she wasn't comfortable with being left alone yet. "Oh, alright." I said, as I smiled. I bent down and put my left arm down like a bridge so she could climb onto my shoulder, which she did. She then cuddled up to my face as she always did. I smiled happily in response.

I walked up the hill, my sandals flipping with every step. I wondered what he wanted? Now that I did kind of think about it; Ash was right. He did sound more stern than usual.

Ugh. I thought.

Alright, y'all are probably mega hating on me right now lol. Short chapter and mega cliffhanger I know, but I wanted to get something up because I'm super exhausted. I actually updated during the day! Be proud of me. 😂

Love you guys! Update will be up tonight I promise! ❤️