Chapter 32

Hope you all are well!

Chapter 32

Emethyst's POV

Before I knew it, we had reached Poni Island. The sun was setting over the ocean's horizon, making the scenery a beautiful deep gold. I froze in space for the moment, as I watched the shine brightly onto the ocean, causing the ocean to shine. I could hear music playing in the distance.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" My dad said, as I heard his footsteps join my side

I looked over at him and smiled. I then turned my attention back to the ocean. "Yeah," I said. "It kind of makes me feel like I've been living under a rock my whole life." In my opinion, Kanto didn't have anything on Alola when it came to scenery. It kind of made me feel like I've been missing out. After all, I didn't live in the brightest and most happiest of places growing up.

"Now, why do you say that?" My dad asked.

I then looked back over at him in disbelief. "Um, do you not know where I grew up?" I asked, as I grabbed my sweatpants that had my home's name written down my leg.

My dad then nodded in understanding. "Yeah, I gotcha. I never understood why your mom chose a Pokemon graveyard of all places for you to grow up," He said. "But I guess I can't blame her too much."

"Hey, Lavender Town really isn't that bad." I said. Which is true, it wasn't that bad. During the daytime, it looked like any other city or town. But, at night.. That was a different story. 

I was then interrupted by more footsteps behind me. "Man, I'm starving!" I heard Ash exclaim behind me.

I then turned around to face him. "You're always hungry," I said. "You have a bottomless pit for a stomach." I crossed my arms over my chest and I felt my eyebrow raise.

"Well, he's growing." My dad mentioned. "Come on, let's get to the Pokemon Center and get some food in everyone's systems." He said, as he hugged both of us.

I pulled away from my dad, as I walked down the dock slightly in front of him. It looked exactly like the one in Akala, except slightly bigger. Haunter and Froslass floated side by side with me. However, I noticed Froslass was looking around, as she looked paranoid. It caught me off guard, because I've never seen her act this way.

"Something wrong, Froslass?" I asked, as I stopped in my tracks to make sure she was okay.

Froslass continued to look around, as if she was seeing ghosts herself. She began shaking a little bit, and I could see fear in her yellow-blue eyes.

"Whoa, what's wrong with Froslass?" My dad asked, as he stopped right beside me.

I looked over at him in panic. "I don't know." I said. "She just started acting this way." My eyes then wandered over to Haunter, and I noticed he was looking around as well. But, he didn't look scared.