My very own fanboy!

Singto looked at his father with a nervous expression.

"I couldn't believe P'Jane was helping Mike all along. I trusted him with my everything. Please don't let Kit know about this dad. I'm afraid he won't be able to trust anyone after this. And all the charges pressed on him will make him suffer I believe."

"You have to make him feel better son. He needs you to assure him that he's safe and protected."

"I'm going to ask him to marry me tonight. I planned to make his dreams come true before any more problem arises and I commend you for that. But the past is the past and tonight will be a big step toward the future for us. I couldn't bother to ask his parents blessing, I'm here in hopes that I might have yours dad."

Gun observed from afar, finding it incredibly honorable that Singto would go out of his way to talk to his father in this way before continuing on his lifelong journey with his best friend. He respected him greatly although he couldn't hear a word he was saying. He was proud of Singto. Gun stood and approached Singto with a smile. He wasn't sure exactly what came over him, but he wrapped his arms around Singto and hugged him tight.

"Take a minute to be with your father. I have someone else to visit. I'll meet you later in the cabin."

❣️❣️❣️

The four pack of friends spent a few hours at Singto's favourite cabin restaurant, celebrating the New Year in each other's company. Krist let loose and treated himself to a peg of whiskey or two during their time there, but he noticed that Singto wasn't drinking at all. He hadn't even indulged in a beer or a glass of wine. Krist put his hand on his cheek as Singto moved closer to him.

"Are you okay P'?"

He nodded, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

Krist shrugged, "You're not drinking."

"I just want to keep my wits about me this evening, that's all."

He stated, pulling Krist closer to him and landing a soft peck on his cheek. He looked up at the clock and noticed it was about fifteen minutes until the new year began. He leaned down, his lips grazing Krist's earlobe as he whispered.

"I believe I owe you some alone time."

"Right now?"

Krist asked, directing his attention to the clock.

"It's almost time for the fireworks.

"We won't be long," he replied.

"I have something I want to show you Kit."

Krist leaned back and narrowed his eyes at Singto, wondering what kind of romantic trick he had hidden up his sleeve.

Krist smirked, "Lead the way, Singtuan."

They walked to the door heading towards the garden. Singto took Krist's hand immediately and began their stroll away from the restaurant.

After a few minutes, Krist lifted their hands to look down at his watch as he said, "We're going to miss the countdown Tuan."

Singto shook his head and led Krist towards the tent with fairy lights. Singto stopped them in near the tent and turned their bodies so they faced one another.

"I think you'll like this a lot better."

Krist chuckled and asked, "What are you doing P'?"

"Do you remember the last time we were here Kit?"