Sick Day (AxJ)

Alex's POV:
As soon as I opened my eyes, I felt sick to my stomach. I had a migraine and felt like I was going to get sick but I didn't even want to move to not get sick on the bedsheets. I hugged my own waist tightly, curling up in a ball to try ease the pain. As I curled up, James's arm slid off my waist and he sat up in bed.

"You ok, love?" He asked, yawning. I winced at the noise, curling up even smaller just wanting to disappear.

"No," I groaned, my head throbbing. "My stomach really hurts and my head feels like it's going to explode. Could you get me a Paracetamol?" I asked.

Immediately, James carefully got out of bed, trying to make as little noise as possible. He went over to my side of the bed and pressed a warm hand to my forehead.

"Oh, babe, your burning up. I'll get you a flannel as well as a few painkillers, but don't take them if you might just throw them back up, ok?" James bustled out of the room, then returned within a minute with a wet flannel, a glass of water and a few tablets.

I immediately took the tablets and sipped my water. James sat down next to me and held my free hand.

"Do you want to sleep or do you want me to stay with you?" James asked sweetly, sympathetically smiling at me the whole time.

"I don't want you to get sick but could you just lie with me for a few minutes?" I asked. "I probably don't look the best when I feel like I'm gonna throw up but we could just watch Netflix for a while."

James smiled and nodded. He cimbed back into bed with me, pulling the covers over me a bit more, then he put an arm around my shoulders. I snuggled my head into his chest, his warm wolley jumper tickling my nose.

"Tell me if you need me to help you get to the bathroom or whatever,ok?" James asked, resting his chin on the top of my head. He grabbed the remote and put on our new favourite show, Grimm.

A few hours later:

As I slowly opened my eyes, I was confused as to why it was so dark. I looked at my phone and saw that it was ten o clock at night. When I woke up it was only twelve, but I had spent ages last night editing, the last time I looked at the time last night it was four am.

As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I saw a few new things on my bedside table. A cold cup of tea, two fresh glasses of water, the bottle of Paracetamol and a small get well soon card. I smiled, then reached for it and opened it up.

Alex,
I hope you get well soon (not just saying that because I want to record with you soon, but tick tock)

I had to pop out for milk for your tea but if you woke up while I was gone then sorry, I'll make it up to you when your better ;)
Love James

I smiled, feeling better already. Then I turned around to check if James was gone to sleep already. When I turned around I was met with a sleeping James, curled up halfway under the blanket. I pulled our blanket lightly over to cover him, then lightly kissed him on the cheek.

"Thanks, James. I love you" I went to roll over to go to sleep, before I heard James mumble, still half asleep;

"Love you too, Al"

616 words.
Just felt like something cute today. Thanks for over 850 reads and nearly 80 votes. Hope you're all having a great Christmas holidays. I've been listening to a lot of the My Favourite Murders podcast (would highly recommend if you're into true crime or just wanna listen to something different) so stay sexy and don't get murdered. Have a great week <3