lost a friend (GxJ)(angst)

So, just to clarify, this is a George x Joshy one shot, not George and James. I'm going to be doing some  George x Joshy ones soon as I just love the adorable chemistry between them.

George's POV:

Why would he do this? Every time I feel like I'm getting better, feeling happier or just living my fucking life Josh seems to weasel his way back into my life.

I've been feeling fucking amazing these past few months, loving being single, hanging out with friends, even eating better and working out. I'm actually content with my life, genuinely excited to get out of bed in the morning because it seems like there's so much to do and see.

Until I get a notification one day, a new phone number messaging me. I pick up my phone, see it's a number I don't recognise and promptly ask who's texting me.

Unknown Number:

Hey, is this George?

I got a new phone and
decided to text u and
see wyd on Fri?

Sorry, who is this?

It's Joshy, George

Hardly forgotten me
already have you :p

Trying to...
Why are you texting
me, I thought I was clear
on "do not contact me"

                               ~                                

I wait for a reply, wanting to get this over with as fast as possible. I realise now that Josh was an extremally toxic and clingy "friend". He would get jealous when I hung out with other people and instead of even trying to talk to me, he'd just silently plot some sort of revenge.

We used to jokingly flirt sometimes until I came out to him as bi, then he stopped real quick. Whenever I complimented him or said something nice he'd berate me about how being gay was wrong and I'd go to hell. He would scream about me trying to turn him gay cos I fancied him (I didn't).

This went on for years, leading to anxiety problems and pretty bad mood swings. I could be having an ok day, sitting at home watching TV (alone, it wasn't worth listening to him screaming after having a few friends over) and he would call me to "check up on me". I'd see his name pop up on my phone and my eyes would instantly start watering.

Unknown number:

Wym??
Ur hardly busy
on Fri, come out
w/ me, it'll be fun
George???

~

I sigh. I don't need this, I promised myself I'd forget him and all the pain he caused me. I don't miss him at all, in fact, I'm fucking pissed about the years I lost to him, all the shit I took for ages and ages, simply because I thought I couldn't find anyone better, because that's exactly what he told me.

And I'm going to fucking tell him that.

Unknown Number:

You know what Josh?
Fuck you.

I'm so sick of you,
saying horrible things
and making me feel
like shit for years.

So no, I don't want to
go out on Friday, because
back in the old days, you
wouldn't even let me
hang out with my friends,
much less go clubbing.

I am deleting and blocking
your number, don't even
think you can contact me
again because I am fucking
done with you and your shit

~
Do you want to block this number?
Yes | No

I breathed a sigh of relief, a tear rolling down my cheek, almost down to my smiling lips before I swiped it away with the back of my hand.

"I've spent enough time crying over him, and I'm fucking done with it." I whispered to myself, grinning like a maniac in pure joy.

606 words.
Thanks so much for 5.5K reads and 200 votes, that's amazing. I'll probably be writing more regularly soon, just didn't feel like it for the first few weeks of quarantine but I'm working on a few parts that were suggested by you guys! So as always, please vote and comment any ships or suggestions you want me to write about and I hope this made your quarantined day a little better <3

______________________________________