Rejection...Part 3 (AxW)

So, here we are again. Just like before, if you haven't read the first two parts, you should so everything makes sense, other than that I just wanna thank everyone in getting the first two parts to 15 votes in under a week, thanks so much <3

Wills POV:
I stare at my phone screen, brow furrowed, rereading the message over and over again. I hadn't expected to hear from Alex for a while, I thought I'd be the one trying to smooth things over between us, but apparently not. It's only been two days and he just texted me around ten minutes ago, saying that he wants to talk soon, and asked if I was free to meet him tomorrow...

Weird, but maybe he's trying to keep our friendship. I just thought he would wait a bit longer. I mean, what else could it be?

The next day:
Alex's POV:
I sit on my couch, back straight, two mugs ready next to the kettle, sitting on my hands to stop myself fiddling with something. And watching the door. Waiting.

I pull my phone out again to check the time, 3:48, twelve minutes before Will's supposed to be here. How long have I been sitting here already? Well it can't have been that long, I woke up at twelve, tried to edit for a bit, made some food, showered and got dressed. So no more then an hour.

Am I crazy for doing this? Crazy for hoping that the only reason Will doesn't like me is cos he's scared of coming out? What if I'm the one who's scared? That one of my best friends can't love me, and if he can't, who can? Oh God, what am I doing?

The thoughts start racing around my head, faster and faster until it starts becoming hard to breathe. I try to clear my head before the tears come, try to rationalize my thoughts and actions like my therapist said. I take a deep breath before speaking out loud to myself.

"Ok, Alex. It'll be fine. You're just gonna talk to Will, if you're right then it's fine, if you're wrong..." I panic at the time, only six minutes until Will's gonna be here and hurry to the bathroom to make sure my face wasn't all puffed up and red. "if you're wrong... Then I hope I'm right."

As I'm splashing cold water on my face, I hear a knock on the door. Will, shit, he's early for once. I quickly dab my face dry and hurry out to get the door. I open it and there he is. Will is dressed even more casually then my jeans and hoodie with a tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt. The tight fitted shirt suited him... Focus Alex, come on.

"Hey, Will" I said almost breathlessly. I flashed him a toothy grin before opening the door wider "wanna come in?"

Will smiled and nodded, saying hey as he walked in the door. He sat on the couch, looking slightly more wary than the other night. As I shut the door and sat next to him he shuffled to look me in the eyes as he was talking.

"So, Alex, I'm going to be completely frank with you, I really don't want to loose you as a friend, but I don't want things to be awkward between us." I nodded as Will spoke earnestly to me, his green eyes not breaking contact with mine for even a second. "that's basically the gist of what I came here for. Do you want to say anything?"

Ok this is it. Again. I try to keep eye contact with Will as he did with me, but find myself almost shying away from him as I open my mouth to speak.

"Um, so, you obviously know how I feel about y-you, and you told me that you're not gay. I just wanted to say that" I licked my lips nervously "being gay or bi or whatever isn't a bad thing. I've gone through coming out and I know how hard it is, but you don't have to be afraid."

Will's forehead creased in confusion, then his eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"What is this? Why are you telling me this? Are you recording me?" He asked, his eyes darting around looking for the hidden lens of a camera. His body language immediately told me he was on high alert, looking like he was going to jump up and sprint out the door any second. Maybe that's what he wanted to do...