Author's Note

I can't believe this day has finally come.

The book is complete!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!

I started this story in the aftermath of The Last Jedi, probably about two months after seeing it. I was so struck by the possibility of Reylo that I spent the first few weeks after my first time watching it genuinely searching for fanfiction. But, since I couldn't find any that genuinely captured the romance as I envisioned it, I decided to start writing my own.

(You know it's an addiction when you begin writing it yourself.)

This book has been such a journey for me.

I never expected to actually finish this in the way I did. I didn't have an outline or anything- just an excited, emotional stan who would sit down and write a jumbled fanfiction on my laptop, or on my phone on the long bus rides to and from school, and just kind of expect that it would grow from there. I didn't actually have any standards or anything when I originally envisioned it.

But as it progressed, I constantly forced myself to make every part was ~3000 words to make sure it would all seem consistent. Sometimes they were a bit longer, sometimes they were a bit shorter, it really just depended on the content of the chapter. But they all were somewhere in that range. And giving myself those requirements helped keep me on track. But I never expected this to become what it is today.

Guys, I'm just so, incredibly amazed at the evolution of this story. What used to simply be an abstract idea in my head is now a reality with pieces spliced from canons of two separate fandoms with my own original characters and plot twists to create something I'm genuinely so proud of. I'm so happy to have been able to share it with you guys reading this and beyond elated at the feedback I've received.

I want to thank everyone who has added this story to their reading list, everyone who voted on the chapters, everyone who posted an emotional comment whenever they found something funny or sweet or shocking or upsetting (looking at you, Lindsay_Brackens. Faesh dying killed me, too). If it hadn't been for all your amazing feedback, I would've ended the book a long time ago. But I didn't. In fact, I do hope to continue it somewhere in the future.

And it's all thanks to you guys. I'm grateful for each and every one of you.

Until next time,
-S

----------------

Do you guys have any questions, comments or concerns about the story? I'll answer them here!!!

PLEASE LAY ANY REMAINING THOUGHTS ON YOUR HEAD ON ME. I'D LOVE TO HEAR THEM. <33

((Please, keep the comments spoiler-free for the new movie. Other people don't want it ruined for them. I, however, HAVE seen it, and would love to discuss it with anyone else who has in pms. Please feel free to message me!!))

Other than that, I'd just like to express my gratitude one last time. You guys are the greatest. Thank you for everything.

Fin(n).