24

The next morning Niall wakes up tired, his arms flailing from the bed as he moans loudly before twisting in his bed and then everything from last night comes back to him and his eyes flew wide open. He huffs out a loud breathe , face smushed into the pillow and as before he twists again managing to get on his back this time as he rememner their last exchange.

His mind automatically goes to all the events ,mainly focusing on the way Harry and Mitch were during the concert. And he should have known before......

All those pictures before of them in the studio , Harry always been squished next to him or on top of him sometimes, going numerous times to Mitch ,inching always dangerously closer to his mouth . All his action doesn't seem the same now that he knows the trut. Especially yesterday, the way they were kissing, all over each other. He should have known.

It was always there, for the prying eyes to see. It was subtle and clear last night as well.

It all really fit

He remembers Louis' encouraging words to him. And there is a flicker of hope inside him . But it vanishes as quickly as it comes as he remembers Harry to be already fallen for another man and there is no chance for him whatsoever.

He then remembers his words and Harry's angry face that then crumbled and he feels bad.

He does.

Sighing loudly at himself and knowing what he has to do next ,he gets himself out of bed hoping to solve this for the sake of himself and their friendship. Although, he pauses mid step as he remembers the surprise on Harry's face when been called friends and it hurts him a little.

.

About an hour later, freshly showered he walks down thinking of the hundred ways to apologize before becoming silent as Harry comes into his view. He pauses for a brief second as his eyes rake over his whole body, taking in his tall figure, his pajama clad legs up his torso but mostly fixed on the robe that he is wearing. He bites his lip in reflex as Harry turns to him, his bare chest shining right at him as he stands facing towards the stairs ,drinking in his tea as per usual. He looks like a million bucks , rich man as he so rightly is.

He hasn't noticed him yet and Niall takes that as an opportunity to get himself together. He walks right down, a little uncomfortable having no idea how to strike a conversation or even to have one as he is still hurt. He had never thought he would come of as a person someone couldn't trust and he felt hurt.

He reminded himself to calm down and figured it was easy if he doesn't say anything.

"Tea? "Harry asks him and he only nods, reaching at the island. He doesn't say anything as he turns to the newspaper placed on the top, taking a seat. He can feel eyes boring into him though.

"So you're not talking to me" he hears just as he opens up the newspaper and acts as if he is reading it.

"I am - I should've. But I didn't know we were-"Harry is fumbling and usually Niall would have giggled finding it absolutely adorable , with that dimple he knows is poking out but the fact that Harry is fumbling over their status as friends makes him mad. He thought they were friends, he is not stupid to think that they are all bestfriends and everything after meeting just weeks ago but he had thought they certainly had something special between them. All the late night chats, teasing, tickling and sharing about each other. Or maybe it was just Harry's way of working, a process to get out songs and Niall was being extremely oblivious.

Clearing his throat he looks up at Harry and says "Friends? No, we are not Harry. Not after this and you're right I work for you. Your personal life isn't any of my business. So, just let me know if we're working today. I will get ready"