Prologue: 🎶You're never fully dressed without a smile🎶(revision)

Louisiana, New Orleans_

Year: 2036

(Question: Does Taimanin Asagi take place before or after 2020? I'll change the date if it turns out to be the former)

Elijah Actaeon; 16 years old, skin color: lightest brown, born and raised in Louisiana, New Orleans. The young lad was known throughout New Orleans for his determination and willing to help those in need ever since he was five, and if there was one renowned trait he had, it was that he always held a bright smile.

However, nowadays that smile has seemed to vanish as Elijah was hit with hard times. You see, there was one person who Elijah worked hardest for, and that person was his mother, Villetta Actaeon.

She was a seemingly ageless beauty and well known throughout the city of New Orleans, having been known for her charity work and her singing career from when she was younger. However, the reason behind this particular tale is that Villetta had recently become very ill.

At first it seemed more so like the flu, and every night, Elijah would help his mother with dinner and tuck her into bed, a soft a warm smile on his face as he awaited for her to get better.

However, the days went by, and Villetta's condition only seemed to worsen with the passing of time. Elijah knew that she needed proper medical treatment, but with the salary he had, he knew he could only pay so much. So Elijah got to work.

Instead of one job, Elijah now has three. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, Elijah would work at his regular job for a local diner. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, Elijah would work at a nearby mechanics shop, repairing not only vehicles but also some old trinkets, stuff that originated from the 1920s. And finally, during weekends, Elijah would work at a local casino where men and women usually visited for the joy of gambling and to try and earn some extra cash. Now what did Elijah do there? Well, the patrons did love some good 'ol Swing music, and Elijah was the man to deliver.

With the money he was now earning, Elijah could easily afford any medical bills. He tried for every treatment he could at the time, however, whatever it was that his mother had, there seemed to be no cure for her.

Elijah continued to work himself to the bone so that he could find a way to cure his mother. At this point, his mother's room was set up like an actual hospital room, doctors always coming to check up on her and give her their treatments, though nothing seemed to work.

It had gotten to the point where Villetta entered onto a vegetative state, hooked up to a breathing machine, her pulse always being monitored. Days would go on, and Elijah smile slowly turned into an everlasting frown.

Seeing as how the treatments were only doing so little, Elijah tried alternative methods. He would go to church every Sunday to pray for Villetta's health, even going to fortune tellers and shamans to see if they had anything. However nothing changed, and Elijah feared that he would loose the one thing that always gave him the brightest smile since he was little.

However, little did Elijah know was that his life was going to change in ways he could have never imagined.

•   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •  
  |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  
•   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   • 

Saturday, Casino: 9:30 p.m_

It was a busy day today and Elijah was currently sitting in a chair in the employee's lounge, hardly paying attention to the conversation that was being held by the band he works with.