A Knight and her Demon (revision)

Hell, many years ago...

A young, and timid Ingrid walked into the home of Alastor. What she saw was a decently well kept building for one of Hell's most dangerous Overlords. It was nothing too fancy and pompous, but the decor indicated Alastor had a tidy mindset.

Speaking of her demonic savior, Ingrid followed close behind him as he walked her through his home. He hummed a radioed tune along the way whilst twirling his cane around in his right hand.

Part of Ingrid had told herself to run away from the Radio Demon the moment she had met him eye to eye, but so many other things had flooded her mind at the time. She couldn't just risk running off back into Exterminator infested streets. She knew the stories about Alastor, and knew he was very dangerous. But a part of Ingrid also thought of that as a boon as it meant he could better protect her. If he so chooses to, that is. But above all, Ingrid's thoughts were flooded with the final image she would ever have of her mother. No longer would she feel the warm embrace of her mother, or her warm smile. Perhaps the main reason Ingrid went along with Alastor was because she wanted; needed someone to cling to. To make her feel all right in some way, no matter how big or small.

Eventually, the two had entered a recording booth room. The room Alastor undoubtedly used to transmit news of his atrocities and other deeds all throughout Hell.

"Have a seat, my dear." Alastor told Ingrid as he pulled up a chair for her beside the recording booth. "With a little girl like you, your legs must be tired from all that fleeing and walking."

Hesitantly, Ingrid moved to sit herself upon the chair. While doing so, Alastor took a seat adjacent to her, hands clenched and resting on his lap as Alastor tilted his smiling head ever so slightly at Ingrid. It unnerved the young demon girl to no end.

"There's no reason to look at me with such pusillanimous eyes. Unless, of course, you're of the age to know who I am. Hmhmhm." Alastor spoke to Ingrid with a humming chuckle. "So if that's the case, how about you and I cut the first turf?"

At his suggestion, Alastor promptly took his staff in hand and held its radio top near his jovial face. "The name's Alastor! Hell's very own master of entertainment! What might your name be, little girl?"

Ingrid timidly looked at Alastor as he now held his staff close to her face. Building up a bit of courage, she replied to him in a stuttering manner. "I-I-Ingrid."

"Well, Ingrid, it's a pleasure to meet you. You know, we don't get too many Ingrids down here, and rightfully so. For a name that means beautiful and loved, many people down in Hell are quite the opposite!" Alastor said while bobbing his head lightly. "But I guess that would make you the rare commodity. In more ways than one, no? You don't look very much like anyone born from Hell, and it seems less likely you're a Sinner."

Ingrid gave a small and nervous gulp as she answered Alastor. "My... My mother was born in Dark World."

"Ah! A Dark World demon! Never met a Dark World demon before. I have heard of them though." Alastor stated. "Speaking of, a Dark World demon and woman walk into a bar. Ah, who am I kidding, she was dragged there. And I'm willing to bet we all know the punchline of that joke."

As if on cue, a laugh track played in the room. But from what Ingrid could see, the recording booth hadn't been turned on.

"Hahahaha! Sometimes I just slay myself. But enough about sexual misconduct, I say." Alastor chuckled a bit. "Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself, Ingrid. What's the story?"