🎶Phantom🎶 (chapter 3 revision)

Hell, Many Years Ago...

Screams. Screams of pain, fear, and death were coming from nearly every direction.

It was the day of the purge in Hell, a day that happens once every year. Upon the day of the purge Heaven sends down its exterminator angles to cull Hell's overpopulation, their mission being to kill any demon in sight.

Every year the angels would come, and every year demons would try to hide from an impending doom. Most demons end up lucky, being able to hide or escape the wrath of the exterminators. Others do not have such fortune, and when the exterminators come to strike them down, there is nothing left but a bloody mess of demonic corpses that litter the ground. The demons that are always caught by the exterminators, always end up dead, always end up erased.

These were the things known by every demon in Hell. These were the things that were taught to a young child, a young demonic girl who ran for her life.

Her purple sundress had been torn and ragged. Her pink hair disheveled and dirty. Her brown skin revealed areas of bruising and cuts. Her amber eyes filled with fear as stray tears ran down her face.

The young girl ran as she was chased by exterminators. Within the young girl's mind, the images of grey feathered, horned creatures shown, the bright halo atop their head glowing ever eerily, the L.E.D masks every haunting her mind, the glitching smiles that replaced their real faces. The sight of blood splattered upon their bodies, and dripping from the ends of their spears.  As the girl ran, she could not help but think back as to how she got to this position.

She remembered the worried look upon her mother's face. She remembered how she was told to hide. She remembered how the screams started, how the squelching sounds of blade cutting flesh tore at her mind. She remembered how she became too curious. She remembered how she gave away her position, leading the exterminators to find her. She remembered how they dragged her away, starting to cut her and bruise her. She remembered how her mother came to her rescue, using an exterminator spear against the holy nightmares. She remembered how she was able to escape, and she remembered how her mother became overrun. The last words that she would ever hear from her mother entering through her ears, and echoing in her mind before her mother's pained screams filled the air.

'Ingrid! Run!!'

And run she did. The young Ingrid ran, and continued to do so, constantly wiping the tears from her eyes. The sound of other demons screaming in pain flooding the air, distracting Ingrid even more so.

The young girl eventually found what could be her salvation, but only if she was quick enough. Ingrid spotted an alleyway, and ran as fast she could towards it, hoping the dark of the alley would hide her from the winged monsters. She ran into the alleyway, frantically looking left and right for the perfect place to hide, or a better way for her to escape. She could find none, for all she found was dirtied walls, discarded trash, and blood stained concrete.

Ingrid widened her eyes in fear as she saw an exterminator finishing up in killing a reptilian based demon. She let out a quiet gasp of surprise, trying to quickly cover her mouth in an attempt to conceal the sound, yet it was futile. The exterminator angel heard her gasp, cocking his head back towards the young, fearful girl that stood before him. Ingrid tried to back away as quickly as possible, only to end up tripping and falling to the ground. She tried to crawl back, her tears running more so than ever before as she looked into the masked, smiling face of her would-be-executioner.