Chapter 32: Found

Don't forget to vote, comment, and enjoy! <3

~3 weeks later~

"Amara!" The sharp sound of Cora's voice cut through the air, making me stop halfway down the stairs. Slowly turning, I gave her a sheepish smile. Hands at her hips, she stared at me through narrowed eyes.

I sighed. "I need to stretch my legs or else they're going to go numb from laying down all day!"

She appeared next to me in a flash, gentle but firm hands grasped my upper arm. "Yes but my brother would kill me if he comes back and sees you not resting. Have you seen my brother when he's angry?" She shivered. "I would rather not have my skin peeled."

The mention of Killian being gone made me frown as a small tug appeared in my chest. When I woke up, the first thing Cora told me was that he went to the Easter Kingdom to help manage the rebel attacks. And I had hoped his face would be the first thing I see when I wake up...

"I can't be on room arrest forever!"

"Well I don't want to be skinned alive!"

"If I suffocate in the room and die and sickly gray, Killian will do more than skin you!"

At my last words, Cora stopped dragging me. Her mouth opened and closed. "You got a point." Triumph washed through me.

Just then a soldier walked by. His eyes darted towards my face, his face paled as he quickly looked away. I frowned and looked down at the carpeted floor. My scars were slowly healing but not fast enough. I didn't want them to be scared to look at me.

Cora patted me sympathetically. "How are your eyes?"

I sighed, "It's still a bit sore. Otherwise, I'm okay."

"Good. If it starts hurting, you got the drops?" I nodded in response.

We hung out with each other for the rest of the day. It was a bit boring but peaceful. I never asked what happened to Vulcrian or his fiance and I couldn't bring myself to care.

~3 weeks back~

Silence. The smell was familiar. Killian's room.

Darkness. I couldn't see. Why couldn't I see?

My memories. Those dreams... they were real. Then that means-

I choked on a cry. The pain in my chest was overwhelming as my head radiated with pain. All those times I wondered who Mira was, who she was to the two Princes that caused such hatred between them.

I was Mira.

I am the lost Princess.

Princess Amaline Ryllae Dorvaris.

Prince Ellisar is my brother.

The Southern Kingdom is my home.

My fists clenched. Who was the one who saved me? Who was the one who brought me to that village?