After The Benefits End - Part 28

*Liv’s POV*

I slowly closed my eyes, wanting so much to peep. Dan lifted up my right hand up and I felt something round and slightly warm slip down my third finger. A huge grin appeared on my face, yet I still kept my eyes closed.

“Open.” Dan whispered against my lips

I slowly opened my eyes and they instantly connected with Dan’s before my gaze returned to my hand. And right where it should be was my promise ring.

“Will you wear it again?” Dan asked me nervously

“I’d love to.” I smiled widely before kissing him gently.

“It’s back where it belongs.”

“It sure is Romeo.” I smile before kissing him again

I lay my head back on his chest re-admiring my promise ring, watching the light bounce off causing a rainbow to appear on my bedroom wall. “I love this ring Dan.”

“I’m glad, because you have to wear it forever.”

“Forever.” I grin still staring at my ring, but only for my head to be gently tilted upwards and met by his lips, leaving a light kiss upon them. As he pulled away I had to bite down on my bottom lip to stop it tingling, god what this boy does to my body is unreal.

“What do you fancy doing for the rest of the afternoon then ?” Dan asked me

“I don’t mind, but I just want to stay here for a bit longer...I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you more baby girl. So much more.” I heard him sigh

I leant up on one of my elbows so that I was looking at him, “I have a confession to make.” I smiled at him

“Good or bad?” Dan asked me anxiously

“Erm...I don’t know.”

“Okay...” he began, squinting his eyes at me slightly “Go on.”

“You know when you came to visit me at the hospital, when you brought me the lily’s.”

“Yea...I got them because they’re your favourite.”

“Yes they are.” I smiled

“So what’s your confession?”

“I was awake when you came into the room and spoke to me...when you sang to me.”

He gasped slightly before glancing down at bed sheet.

“Oh right...” he mumbled “Why didn’t you want me to know you were awake?”

“Well at first I thought you were the nurse and I didn’t want to talk to her anymore I just wanted to be left alone. But then you came in and began to sing to me, I was shocked. I’ve known you all my life and never heard you sing.”

“Err yea...”

“You’re really good.” I smile linking my fingers through his. “Then when you began to talk to me, I almost broke down into tears. Hearing you apologise for not believing me about Amy...about the fall.”

I close my eyes and shake my head slightly. The fall that had caused me to lose our baby.

“I’m so sorry.”

“But when you said that you were gutted when you found out that Amy was lying...that she wasn’t pregnant with the child you wanted. It hurt me and I could understand why you felt that way but what almost killed me was when you said you wanted us to have our own family...” I wiped my finger under my eye, catching a tear that was about to fall. “knowing that we did have one but it was taken from us...that made me very angry.”