Chapter 18: Deadly Date

"A date?" Subaru questioned, his head tilted a bit to the side in a confusing manner. 

I crouch down playing with the white roses that I nudge with my finger, being careful not to pierce the skin. "Yui says it will help us know more about each other." 

Subaru sits down on the brick decorated ground, his head pushing against the lovely stems of the roses, somehow he was immune to their threatening thorns. "Don't we know enough about each other?" he says with his head high. 

I stood up, fixing the coat that hung from my shoulders. "I suppose so, however it would be fun to see what our lives would look like in the presence of each other." 

Subaru lifted an eyebrow, "You could just say you wanted to spend time with me."

I chuckled from the younger one's response, offering my hands towards him. "Then, do you have any ideas?" 

Subaru takes my hand before saying, "I have an idea."

I stood there stunned by the scene, a large room with heavy equipment on the racks and humans sweating everywhere in tank tops lifting those weights. I looked up at the sign from the glass door that said the words 'GYM'. I frowned, "Who would want to go to such a place?" 

"Shu!" I heard my name being called towards the middle of the room. I see Subaru standing on top of an elevated platform with strings stretched surrounding the platform like a barrier. It was like one of those boxing rings that I saw on TV, or well slept through. 

I walked through the crowded area and towards the boxing ring where Subaru lets out a deep breath as he leans forward the stretchy bands of the ring. "Nice to see that you didn't sleep through the date time." Subaru says as he brushes back his sweaty white hair.

That's hot. 

I don't even respond as my attention was on something else. My eyes traced the man's disheveled state.  white hair fluffed up, sweat dripped down his pale neck staining his black tanktop that wrapped itself nicely against his tight muscles. Stretching over his shoulder and that nimble collarbone. Revealing those perfectly sculpted arms. And those tight pants-

Now I know why people came here. 

"Idiot, are you even listening to me?" 

I looked up, "Hm?" 

Subaru looks at me blankly, but sighs. He leans off the bans and started to go through his duffel bag. 

I went through the strings, almost tripping in the process but I managed to stand tall once Subaru turns around. 

The white haired male turns to me, holding red boxing gloves with his white bandaged hands. "You should wear these..." as he take one of my hands. 

Subaru wraps the straps over my wrist tightly on each hand. I look cautiously at the bright red color, wondering why he didn't have the same gloves. "Uhh... so what are we doing here exactly?" 

Subaru gives me a mischievous smirk, "It's our date, isn't it?" he brings his fists up in challenge. "It'll be lots of fun." 

I copy his stance, trying to not let my overwhelming worry show. "I think you and I have different definitions of 'fun'." 

Without waiting a second after my reply, Subaru's smirk turns into an evil smile as he launches himself from one end and towards me. 

Author's Note: 

Who will win?!