Chapter 19: Father

"Now I understand the two ways of taking someone out." I say, while rubbing my cheek that had a cute little bruise. We were walking back to the manor after our exciting date. 

Subaru laughs, "I'm sorry for going so rough on you, I almost forget that you can't use your powers in public." he says shifting his bag to the other shoulder. 

"Whoa whoa, are you saying that I'm defenseless without my powers." I said, eyeing him like candy. "You should know that I was going easy on you." 

"Easy on me?" Subaru chuckles, brushing back his snowy white hair. "Looks like we'll have to come back to find out."

"Orrrrrr I can take you out to see a nice movie....?" I said, remembering how Subaru choke slammed me to the ground. It was fucking scary, but also pretty hot.

"That's cute." Subaru says, placing a kiss on my bruise. "Maybe I'll take that offer up next time." 

I let out a breathy sigh from his kiss, only wanting more from him. 

We went back to the manor, opening the doors to the cold atmosphere. However, I already sensed something suffocating me the moment I opened the door. "Fuck," I whispered under my breath, but loud enough for Subaru to hear. 

Subaru walked in, then looked at me when I cursed. "huh?" 

"MY LOVELY SONS!!"

"oh fuck." Subaru said quickly following after me. 

My father came over to the two of us with a bright smile on his face, a smile I dreaded. "Did you guys get into a fight again? Poor Shu has a bruise on his cheek, do be careful Subaru he might come up and snap at you." 

Subaru looks at him with a blank stare. "I'm going to get changed," he says as he brushes by my dad and goes up the stairs. 

I watched him go up the stairs then returned my attention to the Vampire king. "Why are you here?" I asked sternly, my mood changing drastically. 

The vampire king smiles, "Your time is up," he says pointing to his watch. "All of the suitors I sent came back with tears running down their faces. So I can only guess that you haven't found a suitable bride." 

"They weren't worthy of becoming my queen." I simply said, ignoring the true reason why. 

Karlheinz smiles, "Then I hope this one will be suitable to you." 

Another suitor? My anger was starting to rise, but not towards him but towards myself. Why couldn't I just tell him the truth? It wasn't like I cared for what he thought. But those words felt so uncomfortable coming out of my mouth and towards him. 

I was so distracted by my thoughts that I didn't even notice we were in the living room that had some type of small stage. "Here we go, my son!!" Karlheinz looks on excitedly for my reaction, but the only reaction I had was disgust. 

The curtains fall down and a very flushed face Yui appears in a white champagne colored wedding dress. "S-Shu?! What's going on?!" she said as she saw my shocked face. 

"Ayato is going to fucking kill me." I said under my breath.

"Why is Yui in a wedding dress?" Subaru says walking to my side with a towel drying his hair, meeting my frozen disturbed expression. Oh my god, why is he here now?! 

My father looks towards Subaru giving him a smile, "Oh!! Meet Shu's bride!!" he says pointing to Yui on the stage. 

"His what?!" Subaru said in a dark deep very scary voice, making me sweat nervously.