//protective//

Michael woke up to the sound of his alarm clock blaring through his room, accidentally knocking his clock of his night stand making it break.

"shit." he muttered to himself.

suddenly ashton busted into the room with wide eyes, "are you okay? what happened?"

"nothing," Michael sighed, "I just accidentally knocked the clock off, sorry if I woke you."

"it's fine buddy, I'd have to get up in thirty minutes anyways, I'll make you breakfast while you get ready."

Michael smiled lightly and stood up, dreading today.

Michael slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans, observing himself in the mirror. fresh bruises covered his torso, many of old ones all over his body. many of light scars haunted his body, he wishes all of this would just go away.

Michael then pulled a black long sleeve shirt over his head, not even bothering to put on a sweater over it, it was too hot.

his hair was cooperating today, so he felt a lot more comfortable. slowly he made his way downstairs, slipping on his black boots before heading back upstairs to brush his teeth, etc.

"I hope you have a good day today mike," Ashton told Michael as he set a plate of eggs in front of him, "I'll be home late today because I gotta stop by the store on my way home so just watch tv or something till I get back then we'll head off to your therapy."

Michael groaned, "ash I hate that therapist, all she does is tell me negative things, she's not making anything better!"

"Michael," Ashton snapped, "we've been over this. she's all we have left to getting you help."

Michael stared at the frown on Ashton's face, Michael knew he was right, he wasn't gonna argue anymore. but he still became pissed.

Michael stood up quickly, angrily, and slipped his book bag strap over his shoulder and slammed the door on his way out. he hated that therapist, she wasn't helping at all, if anything she was making it worse.

-

Michael flinched at the sudden contact of Dillon raising his fist, clenching his eyes shut, waiting for the pain. he groaned loudly when he felt Dillon's fist connect with his eye, he can't hide that from ashton. or his therapist.

"get out of my sight, fag." Dillon spat at Michael, kicking him one last time before Michael ran into the boys bathroom, stumbling into someone's arms.

"Michael?" luke asked quietly, not able to see his face, "you okay? what's wrong? was it Dillon?"

luke felt Michael shake in his grasp, making Luke's heart break a little as he turned him around to see Michael's red swollen eye.

"oh god...I'm gonna kill him. that sick bastard." luke gritted through his teeth while setting Michael on the bathroom sink.

luke grew worried, at how light Michael was, but he didn't question it. instead, he grabbed some paper towels and wet them with cold water, gently patting it on Michael's eye.

"I'm so sorry, if only I walked out of the bathroom sooner."

Michael gripped onto Luke's grey muscle tank with a yellow nirvana logo on the front, whimpering loudly when luke pulled away from his eye.

luke sighed, "c'mere."

Michael buried his face into the crook of Luke's neck and cried silently, the pain was hurting Michael physically and emotionally. he didn't want this again, even though he hasn't even barely gotten over it.

luke focused on how tight Michael's grip was, how bad he was shaking as he held the smaller boy. Michael fit perfectly against Luke, like a missing puzzle piece.

"you're safe now, you're with me." luke whispered in his ear, making Michael's body shiver.

"i-it hurts." Michael whispered to luke, pulling away so he could look into his deep blue eyes.

luke nodded, "I know but it'll go away, he's the one whose gonna in major pain. he's the one whose gonna have a black eye. he's never gonna touch you again, and I'll be sure of that."

Michael smiled lightly, blushing when luke began to play with the hem of Michael's shirt. he felt all giddy inside, like he could throw up in that exact moment.

-

"Dillon." luke gritted through his teeth, people already crowding between the two.

"what freak." Dillon said lazily.

"leave Michael alone."

Dillon chuckled, "or what?"

"this." luke smirked, before punching the shit out of Dillon, making him fall to the ground and hit his head on a table.

"how does this feel, Dillon?" luke asked him, kicking him in the gut, "does it feel nice? huh? because it hurts Michael. don't fucking touch him again, or worse will happen, I can promise you that."

Michael frowned, watching in the corner of the cafeteria, he didn't know luke cared that much.

"don't mind what luke just did, he hates Dillon. trust me, he's been wanting to do that for a while now." Calum chuckled at Michael.

Michael just simply nodded, as he watched luke walk over to them slowly. he watched how Luke's necklace swayed when he walked, how his arms also swayed, he watched as luke bit his lip while standing right in front of him.

"I didn't want you to see that."

Michael shrugged, "it's okay, I'm just glad it wasn't me."

"it won't be again mike, I'll look after you, if you want me to or not." luke replied to Michael, wiping a stray hair out of his face.

Michael blushed, feeling like his heart just sank. what were these feelings between the two?

-

I've been busy so that's why I haven't posted in a few days but there you go! and update!

ily & keep voting and comment if you'd like! (:

bye bye lovelies