//coming out and a new hair color//

unedited
skipping to summer sorry-

Luke softly runs his fingertips over Michael's scars, while Michael just observed Luke's face expressions. they knew they had a lot to talk about, good to bad, bad to good, however it goes.

"I'm so happy for you Luke, graduating ninth in your class," Michael smiled at Luke.

"I'm so happy for you Michael," Luke mocked, "for passing the eleventh grade."

Michael chuckled, his smile soon turning into a frown. Luke noticed, intertwining their hands.

"what's wrong kitten?"

"I just- it's been a hard year so far y'know? having to hide from your dad, my scars, Ashton's heart, Calum isn't around as much. . . cause of ashton, how sick he's been looking. ashton just, he isn't like he used to be, the way he looks. he looks awful. he said his heart is fine, he said he'd be okay but I don't think he is? do you?"

"I know Mikey, but ashton is fine. he's gonna get a great, healthy heart. I'll make plans for all four of us to hang out yeah? and actually, about the dad thing. . .I'm eighteen, I just graduated. sure, I've liked having one on one time with my dad, and less beatings, but I'm a grown man I--"

Luke stopped when he heard Michael laugh slightly, "Michael I'm trying to be serious here.."

"sorry," Michael giggled. "continue."

"I'm telling my dad, today. right now. yeah! I'll go home right now and pack all of my stuff, I'll tell my dad I'm spending my life with you, I'll come out to him. he might hurt me a little, but I bought pepper spray just in--"

"Luke! pepper spray?"

Luke nodded.

"God," Michael muttered. "are you sure about this? telling your dad? moving here?"

"if it's okay with ashton. . . yeah. why not?"

"I'd love that, ash could use the help but I'm just worried is all. I- I just don't want you getting hurt again Luke. I remember when I first found out, you said it wasn't my fault, but it was. if we would've never met you wouldn't have got hurt," Michael frowned.

Luke's mouth opened wide, his eyes looking at Michael with disbelief, "how could you say that? if we would've never met, you'd probably be dead right now. if we would've never met we wouldn't be together right now Mikey. please don't think that, please don't think what my dad had done is your fault cause it isn't! and it never will be! I can't help I love a boy, it's not your fault baby. okay?"

Michael nodded, a small smile plastered across his face, Luke kissing that cute little smile.

"I'll be right back, if Ashton doesn't want me here I'll find a place but I can't be with my dad right now."

"okay, be safe. I love you."

"I love you more kitten."

-

Luke hesitantly walked up the stairs to his room, it was weird at the most. he just graduated, he's leaving this house now. this room, all the memories over the past years, since he was in grade six. he's leaving it all today, but he doesn't seem so sad.

"son? where have you been?" his father asked, his voice calm, Luke will miss this in a few seconds. he's glad his mom isn't home to hear this.

"I've been with Michael," Luke responded, beginning to pack everything.

"that boy?" his father snapped.

Luke nodded, his heart beginning to pump faster and faster with each harder breath coming from his dad. Luke was scared, he didn't want his father to hurt him.