//broken promises//

Michael jolted awake to the sound of his new alarm clock blaring, an annoying ringing noise to his ears. he quickly pressed the off button and sat up tiredly.

he did his usual morning routine within forty-five minutes, and was already meeting ashton downstairs for breakfast.

"hey mike, did you sleep well?"

Michael nodded with a smile, taking a small bite out of his eggs.

"that's good, me too, with my bat beside my bed I feel safe," Ashton said, so seriously it made Michael laugh and spit a little bit of his eggs on ashton.

"you're lucky I didn't change my clothes yet," Ashton huffed, standing up to give Michael a hug before he left for school.

"bye ash, I'll see you later."

Michael was happy walking through the halls, for once. no one was messing with him, no one would even look at him. at least not while luke was by his side.

"so, happy we now have third period together? and lunch?" luke asked Michael.

Michael nodded, "yeah it's great."

"okay well, here's your stop, I'll see you after class," luke smiled at Michael, kissing him softly on the cheek before he disappeared into the crowded hallway.

Michael sat in his usually seat, way in the back when a shy girl sits beside him. he's seen her before, but he's never talked to her.

"I saw that tattooed boy kiss your cheek," she smiled at Michael, "I'm Katie."

"Michael."

"nice, are you and that boy dating?"

Michael shook his head, he's just not ready yet, but he feels annoyed. he hates when people ask him questions and right now he's really not in the mood.

"oh, you guys should, y'all would be cute," she smiled at him, turning back in her seat.

-

Michael was nervous when he didn't see luke waiting for him outside of his classroom so they could walk to third period together with Calum, he's usually here early.

Michael waited about a minute or so before he decided to just walk by himself, he watched as people glared at him, but no one actually tried to say anything. but even Dillon can't let a scared boy just roam down the hallway without getting a kick out of it.

"hey fag, still have that kiss lingering on your cheek?" Dillon laughed, "where's your boyfriend?" he laughed again.

Michael cringed at the word boyfriend, "he's not my boyfriend."

"so he speaks? well, answer this. there's a party tonight at my place, wanna come? your boyfriends gonna be there," Dillon grinned evilly.

Michael shook his head and started to walk away when he felt his back against the lockers.

"why not? I thought you loved to drink and get high?"

Michael felt his breath hitch, and suddenly all he could hear was his heavy breathing, and Dillon's voice.

"I thought you loved to party and have drunk one night stands even though you had a boyfriend, knowing he was probably cheating on you to at the moment, right Mikey?"

"n-no," Michael stutterer out, "how do you know this?"

"I know people, I ask around," Dillon said to Michael, grabbing the collar of his tee shirt and bringing their faces close, "listen here fag, luke and you can never be together. sure y'all can have secret dates that his father will never know about, but as long as his father is in the picture, you'll never have him."