//what have i done//

unedited

ashton knew he was fine, he was ready to go home, and so was Michael, but ashton wasn't sure if he was fine. Michael wasn't stable enough to go home, Michael wasn't stable enough to stay here, he's going insane more and more each minute.

he hates this hospital, he loves having ashton back, he loves having Calum for company when Ashton's at physical therapy, he hates not seeing Luke. Michael's not sure why Luke won't visit him, it's been a week now, and he hasn't even heard his voice. no texts, no calls, no trace of him. Calum hasn't even heard from him.

"ready to go home today?" ashton asked Michael, surprising him.

"w-we can?"

ashton shrugged like he wasn't sure, "the doctors said I was ready, and they really can't do much more to you so they're releasing us. but," ashton said, seriously watching Michael, "there are gonna be rules when we get back home. I'm gonna take you out for dinner tonight so we can speak about them yeah?"

Michael nodded with a smile. he wanted to spend time with ashton, he was just nervous about the new rules. it's not like ashton didn't have rules before, but it seems as though ashton would take them more seriously. Michael wouldn't be surprised if ashton followed him everywhere, if he even feels like leaving the house.

skipping to dinner at a steak house idk.

"table for two?" a young man asked, his smile bright, eyes fixated on Michael.

ashton nodded, turning to Michael and wiggling his eyebrows with a cheeky smile on his face. Michael rolled his eyes and followed the two boys ahead of him to the table.

the waiter, Jace according to his name tag, pulled out the chair closest to the window so Michael could sit. it was plain to see the blush on Michael's face, ashton couldn't help but giggle a little at how nervous Michael looked. his anxiety was bad, considering ashton and the doctors were making him wear muscle tanks, everyone was staring. the cute waiter didn't seem to notice.

"you seem a little too young to be working here?" ashton questioned the boy after ordering some glasses of water.

Jace smiled and lifted his glasses on the bridge of his nose, "well I'm 16, my dad owns this restaurant. ever since I was 10 I've been helping around."

ashton nodded, "that's nice, um. . .i'm not sure if we're ready to order yet. Mikey?"

Michael nodded, trying to cover his arms but, it was no use. he might as well get used to it.

"that's fine, I'll be back with your waters and maybe y'all will be ready then," the boy smiled, "oh and I'm Jace by the way."

"I'm ashton, this is Michael."

Michael shyly waved at Jace, looking away shyly towards his menu. Jace just smiled and walked away, giving the boys some time to order.

"he's a cutie," ashton chuckled, "you should get his number?"

"I'm with Luke."

"are you? where is he?" Ashton asked Michael, anger written all over his face.

Michael shrugged with a frown on his face, "I don't know ashton, but that doesn't give me the right to go get other boys numbers and shit."

"you could have a friend Michael, someone to be there for you when I'm not around, or Calum, or even Luke. you don't let people in cause you're afraid they'll have anything to do with aden or hurt you. whose hurting you right now? Luke. isn't he?" Ashton asked Michael, eyebrows furrowed.