4

• — •

it had now been two months since yoongi had lost his best friend. hoseok hadn't talked to him since that awkward encounter before first period. he couldn't bring himself to, he was too embarrassed.

"hobi, why don't you just go over and talk to him. he's sitting all by himself." jimin tried suggesting. he knew about hoseok's longlasting crush on yoongi, and was getting tired of listening to hoseok's neverending talk about the ravenette.

"but jiminie, he probably hates me." hoseok pouted as he stabbed a carrot with his fork. jimin rolled his eyes at his best friend and looked towards where the small ravenette was seated.

"and why would he hate you hyung? you never even spoke to him except that one time." he tried to reason, but hoseok didn't seem to be listening.

"exactly, he probably thinks i'm super annoying or something." hoseok said, looking in the direction of the person his heart belonged to. he felt so useless and scared all the time. he tried his best to be bright and bubbly, but his insecurities often got in the way, pulling him down in a hole of anxiety. not that he ever dared to show or tell anybody that.

"to be honest, i think he's thankful that you talked to him. nobody does, think about how lonely he must be. you could be his knight in shining armor!" jimin encouraged. hoseok looked like he was deep in thought before saying "okay, i'll go talk to him." jimin was surprised. his motivational speech actually helped?

"are you serio- i mean yes, go for it hyung!" he cheered before the latter stood up from his seat and marched towards the small male, a newfound confidence seen in his eyes.

he sat down in front of him and noticed he had earphones in and was probably listening to music. he was also writing what hoseok guessed was notes, completely oblivious to the fact that hoseok was seated in front of him.

so he tapped the male on the shoulder to get his attention. he quickly looked up from his paper with a surprised expression covering his soft features. hoseok found him absolutely adorable.

he took out his earphones and closed the notebook in front of him, probably hiding what he had written from hoseok, his full attention now on the chestnut haired male in front of him.