17

it was another lonely, silent night at the beach.  it was finally a full moon, a night yoongi had looked forward to every minute of his day.

it had now been five months since taehyung decided that life on earth was too much for him, five months since yoongi lost a side of himself that he now longed for so deeply, five months since he last saw the boy with hair like the ocean and eyes like the prettiest pearl in the sea.

sometimes, yoongi wondered why taehyung never left anything for him, not even a small note. it didn't seem like him to do so, to leave everything completely behind without a goodbye, but he didn't seem like the type to commit suicide either, but here he was, alone on a beach, sitting in moonlight without his best friend by his side.

"hi tae. i hope you're well up there, that you're having fun and living the dreams you couldn't fulfil down here. i'm doing better. i still miss you, more than anything really, but i have friends now, and it helps. it helps to talk to someone, even though i never talk about you. i can't get your name out of my mouth unless it's just between us two. i simply can't, it pains me too much to be reminded of something i lost that i loved so dearly. i hope you understand. i love you forever. but i need to go now." yoongi talked to taehyung, hoping the boy would listen with a smile on his lips. he hoped he was happy up there, that he didn't regret his choice. because everything yoongi ever wanted was for taehyung to be happy.

but now it was time to leave, so the small boy with hair like the moon hopped on his old bike and drove through the night with tear stained cheeks and a never ending pain in his shattered heart.

he went home that night and looked his gallery through for all the pictures he and taehyung had taken together, or simply just pictures of the blue haired boy. he cried harder than ever that night, but with the biggest smile on his face. even though the boy chose to leave this earth, yoongi would never stop loving him. he was forever in his heart.

they were a different kind of soulmates, soulmates that yoongi believed would get reunited again once yoongi too breathed his last breath.