9

yoongi grabbed his notebook, pen, his earphones and repeated his daily lunch routine - writing notes, song lyrics and listening to music or his own covers to note down mistakes. he almost never ate something at lunch, his appetite had completely vanished along with taehyung's beating heart. he wasn't anorexic, he just couldn't eat that much, which also resulted in him losing energy and weight.

he was pulled out of his world of music by a tap on the shoulder that he guessed was from hoseok. but when he looked up, he saw five smiling boys in front of him and his anxiety suddenly decided to kick in. he pulled out his earphones slowly while closing his notebook with a frightened expression on his face.

hoseok could feel his heart pick up speed just by yoongi's gaze on him. he wondered how it was possible for a human to have such impact on him. he always made his heart speed up, his orbs dilate and hands clammy.

"hey yoongi, i was wondering if it was okay if we sat with you?" hoseok asked, and yoongi gulped, internally shaking his head to get rid of his shyness.

you can do this! he could hear tae's voice encourage him.

"sure." he simply said with a shaky smile and a pretty blush covering his soft cheeks.

they all introduced themselves, the conversation after light and friendly. yoongi enjoyed their company, more than he dared to admit to himself. they were nice people, had fun personalities. jimin was very smiley and friendly, jungkook on the shy side but still very nice, seokjin was funny and sassy and namjoon was smart and kind. and hoseok he was... the sweetest person yoongi had ever met. he had the most beautiful smile in the universe, a smile that managed to pull yoongi out of his dark dungeon of lonely thoughts, even if it was just for a little while. he was funny and caring and made everyone around him smile and laugh. he had the kindest soul and made yoongi feel safe and comfortable - feelings he hadn't felt for what felt like an eternity, but in reality it had only been three and a half months since taehyung's death.

yoongi was so thankful for the fact that hoseok spoke to him, saw him as a human being and listened to him.

hoseok was, well, perfect in yoongi's eyes.