Chapter-17

TW.

LANAS POV.

6 years ago.

"It's ok Lana. We can get through this together."

I watched my foster sister, Aria, and I in the mirror as we got ready for the hearing.

We looked like total polar opposites.

She was paler than me. Along with blond hair and blue eyes adding to the difference between the two of us.

If only she made it through this.

But still, I put a smile on my face.

"Yeah. We will."

"Are you ready girls?" Our foster mom asked as she entered the bathroom.

We nodded, and soon got into the car.

Don't be afraid of him. He can't hurt you anymore.

This had been my mantra for as long as he had been locked up.

    "Now girls, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in this. Ok?" Our foster mom said to us, looking through the rear view as we pulled up to the court house.

   We nervously nodded as we looked at the large building.

Is this really happening?

Getting out, I could see a few reporters, because this to them was their big chance at becoming a well known journalist, and not about getting justice for everyone who was wronged in this.

    "Come on girls." A police officer said as she ushered us in.

  The court room was dark. Grey. Depressing.

Exactly matches the situation.

  I didn't pay any attention when the lawyer went over how to act in the proceedings. I knew it from last time, so I saw no point.

   Soon enough, those large doors opened again.

Revealing a large man in an orange suit. His dark, thin hair and  his scratchy beard, long overgrown.

He looked different. The only thing that told me it was him, were his eyes.

His menacing, yellow, blood thirsty eyes.

I regret looking at him, because that meant he saw me.

    He was sat down next to his lawyer, while Aria and I sat behind ours.

   "Damien Woodruff. You were called here today to see to your sentence. You have been found guilty on three counts of first degree murder, five counts of child abuse, five counts of child endangerment, and one charge of arson."

   The audience of the room erupted in whispers.

"Order!" The judge yelled.