Encounter

Tom kicked and trashed, screaming for help. "LET GO OF ME!" He screamed. A hand was put on his mouth, forcing him against the wall. Tom bit the hand, tasting a metallic taste in his mouth.

His attacker pulled his hand back, yelling as blood dropped out of the bite. Tom fell to the ground, gasping lightly. He tried getting up but his attacker was quick, forcing Tom against the wall again.

Tom tried to scream, but it came out muffled as his attacker put tape around his mouth. Tom couldn't move as his feet were tied and his arms. He closed his eyes, 'oh god, this is the end of me,' he cried to himself.

But the weight was off of him. Tom opened his eyes slowly, before tightening them as he heard a scream. Snarls and yells could be heard. Tom wasn't sure who they were coming from, but could guess that his attacker was getting beaten up.

A disgusting snap was heard before it became quiet. Tom shook violently, not sure what the thing was that, hopefully, killed the attacker. He heard steps come towards his direction, but they sounded more like giant paws.

It stopped in front of Tom, huffing slightly as it was out of breath. Tom slowly opened his eyes, peering up at the creature. He gasped, pressing his back against the wall. It was a giant wolf. And by giant, Tom meant giant!

It had a shiny coat, the moon making it look golden. Tom could see the muscles underneath it's heavy fur. It's fur was thick and ruffled, blood stained around its snout and paws. The paws. They were bigger than Tom's head! The claws curved sharply, scraping against the cement. What caught Tom's attention was the eyes. They were a beautiful silver, almost like Tord's.

He, Tom was assuming it's gender, lifted up a paw and extended a claw. Tom flinched, closing his eyes quickly. 'He's going to kill me, dammit!' Tom waited for the blow, but he noticed the tape fall gently off his mouth. He gasped lightly, still shaking. The wolf turned Tom around and cut the ropes that held Tom's hands together tightly. Along with the ones on his feet.

He grabbed Tom's hood and lifted Tom up, making Tom stand up. He leaned against the wall, shaking. Tom looked up at the wolf, it was way bigger than any ordinary person. "th-th-thank you," he whispered. 'Can it understand me?' Tom asked, watching the wolf stare at him. He lowered his head at Tom, before lifting it back up. Tom smiled a bit.

Tom ran his hand down the wolf's nose, slowly to make sure it wouldn't bite him. It pushed his snout closer to Tom's hand, huffing slightly. Tom laughed a bit, still a bit shook.

Tom peered his head around the wolf, looking at the person who attacked him. Tom put a hand on his mouth, gagging. He didn't want to describe how hideous it looked.

The wolf lifted up his head up to the moon, flicking an ear. It turned his head back to Tom, lifted him up by the hood again and putting him on his back. Tom yelped a bit, clenching onto a handful of fur to hold onto. "W-where are you t-taking me to?" Tom stuttered, swaying slightly as the wolf began to walk out of the alley.

It snorted slightly, a cloud coming out of his nose and opened mouth. It was a bit cold that night. Tom dug his face into the wolf's fur, blocking out the cold wind as it began running.

*****

Tom wasn't sure how long he was on the wolf's back, but he must have fallen asleep. It was walking now, down an empty street. Tom lifted up his head, yawning. He rubbed his eyes before studying his surroundings. The wolf let out a quiet bark, making Tom jump. He turned his head back to Tom, staring at Tom's black eyes. The wolf grabbed Tom's hood again and gently dropped him on the ground.

Tom groaned a bit, swaying as he took a step. Tom noticed he was at his house. He looked at the wolf behind him, "how did you-?" But the wolf blowed in Tom's face, warming Tom's cheeks. He walked to his door and looked behind him again, waving at the wolf. "W-will I see you again?" He asked quietly. The wolf bowed his head and took off the opposite way, into the forest.

Tom smiled to himself, entering the house. He was instantly greeted by Edd hugging him. "Where were you? We were so worried! You have been gone for almost two hours!" Edd yelled. Tom took a step back, "Edd I-" but Edd cut him off. "Tom you look sick, and your freezing! Where were you that took you ages to come back?" Edd growled. "Edd please let me-" but Edd was already dragging Tom to the couch.

"You sit there mister! I'll be right back with your drink and blankets," Edd said in his motherly voice. Ringo jumped next to Tom and sniffed him. She raised her back and snarled before running away from Tom. She used the same hiss that she used on the mirror, strange.