Flashback

Heavy paw steps were heard as a mother ran, her son next to her. Rain poured on both of them. The mother turned into her human form, her son joining her. "Mom please, we can go back and fight them!" The boy began, but was cut off.

"No Tord, they'll kill you in a heartbeat," she whispered. Tord shook his head, "I'm not leaving you mom!" He whimpered. She hugged her son, "you won't baby, you won't," she said. "You need to leave Tord, I don't want them to kill you," she said to her son.

Tord shook his head, pulling away from the hug, "n-no I won't leave without you! We can run away together!" Tord cried out. She shook her head, "Tord I won't be able to fit through the fence!" A gunshot was heard from the direction where the base was. "Now go! Tord leave!" She pleaded.

But Tord kept his ground, "I'm not afraid! I can fight them with you!" He said. His mother pushed him back a bit, "your wolf isn't big enough Tord, you'll die in seconds!" She looked behind her. Poachers had attacked the base, hunting all werewolves. "I can't see my son get killed," she whispered.

Tord held the tears back, "mom please..." he whispered. She cupped his face in her hands, "Tord, whatever happens, I'll always be with you. A mother never abandons her pup," she promised. Tord only looked at her silver eyes. "But your doing it right now," he cried. "No I'm not, I'm saving you Tord," another gunshot was heard. "Now go!"

Tord wanted to say more, but his mother was already gone. She turned into her wolf and ran towards the base. Tord looked at the fence, and back at the direction his mother ran at.

So what did he choose to do?

Run to his mother.

His small paws chased after her scent, panting heavily. He may be 17, but his wolf was still smaller than the adults. He zigzagged around trees, running towards the gunshots and his mother's scent.

"Mom!" He cried out, seeing her figure fight a poacher. She turned her head around, "Tord?" She yelled.

Bad mistake.

The poacher used this extra time and loaded his gun. "Mom look in front of you!" Tord cried. But it was too late. She faced the poacher and was met with a bullet through the heart.

Tord cried out for his mother, "MOM! MOM NO! MOM!" He sobbed, running up to her body. She was dead. He pushed his snout into her fur, sobbing. "M-m-mom! You s-said you w-w-wouldn't leave me! M-mom!" He cried.

Paul jumped on top of the poacher, snapping the human in half. He faced the dead body. It was his sister. "Oh no..." he whispered. Tord was next to her, crying as he dug his face into her fur. Patryk ran over to Paul, looking in his direction. One more werewolf gone. Leaving her son behind.

Paul walked over to his sister and closed her eyes. He sat down and leaned over her, his ears down. Tord cried harder, snuggling into his mother's chest. "M-mom you can't l-leave me. M-mom..." he whispered

Patryk licked Tord over his head, letting the pup mourn over the lost of his mother. The Red Army was a base of werewolves. But they were constantly attacked by poachers.

*****

Tord watched as his mother was buried in her wolf form. He closed his eyes, letting the tears fall. His little wolf heart ached to be with his mom.

"Don't worry mom, I'll kill all the poachers just for you." He promised.

Is this sad? I don't know, when I was writing it I didn't think it was-