A Sticky Situation

After realizing that I was going to be late for school, I tried to ignore what happened to me and began to make my way over there. I looked at my watch which read 8:54 AM, so I began to pick up my pace by a lot. "I hope Koro Sensei doesn't get mad at me.." I muttered, breaking into a light jog. I climbed up the extremely long flight of stairs to get to my classroom, and looked at my watch, with only a minute to spare. "Whew." I said, surprised that I didn't really feel tired in the slightest. I walked into the classroom and took my seat, being sure to greet Koro Sensei on the way in, as well as my friends. "Alrighty then, class," Koro Sensei began, "now that everyone's here, we can begin today's lesson." In the blink of an eye, he passed out a small five question quiz. "But first, just to see everyone's progress, I'd like everyone to complete this small opener, if you will." 

After a few short minutes of taking the quiz, most of my classmates finished it in a short amount of time, while some took a little longer. "Time's up, boys and girls. Did everyone finish?" The class stayed silent for quite a while before someone answered "Yeah, we finished it about five minutes ago." in which Koro Sensei laughed in response. "Oh ho, feeling a little smart today, are we?" He asked, in which my classmates didn't reply to. Once he collected everyone's test, he graded them, in which I got a 78, which if you asked me, isn't that bad of a grade at all. As the day went on, the bell for lunch finally rang. "Alright everyone, I'm gonna head over to South Korea for some nice Korean street food. Wanna try out an assassination attempt on me? Feel free give me a buzz on my phone." and just like that, he blasted away. My classmates began to unpack their lunch and move around to different areas of the classroom to talk with their friends, in which I soon followed. "So, Nagisa," I heard Karma say from behind me, "we haven't talked in ages. How's life been treating you?" I turned my head and smiled, then replied with "Oh, you know, the same. Still haven't been able to get my hair short, yet." Karma chuckled at me, then noticed my slightly more muscular arms. "Have you been working out or..?" He asked me, in which I nervously laughed in response, trying to cover my arm. "Yeah, um... I don't think it's a good time to tell you about that." I answered as quietly as I possibly could. "Hiya guys! What're you up to?" Kayano asked, bringing her face extremely close to mine, which kinda made me blush a little bit. "Oh, nothing, we're just catching up." I answered, giving her a smile. Karma nodded. "It's been a good while since me and Nagisa have talked to each other." Kayano nodded and smiled. "Well, alrighty then, I'll leave you two to it!" I felt her poke my side, but she did it unnoticeably, which I really wasn't expecting at all.

A student began to play music from their phone, and it was honestly a little catchy. I could notice Karma nodding his head to the rhythm of the song, then he made a horns sign with hands, and looked at me with a smirk. "I like this song, especially the guy who made it." He stated, as I looked at my hand and did the same hand gesture as Karma, but upside down. Suddenly, a web shot out of my wrist and onto Karma's shoe. "Nagisa, what the hell? What gives?" He asked trying to pull his foot away from the web, but couldn't. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." I stuttered, trying to yank the web from his shoe, but only pulling him closer to me. When I yanked once more as hard as I could, I ended up tripping him and he fell over, catching himself before hitting the ground. After shaking my hand for a little bit, the web detached from my wrist and fell on the ground, while Karma quickly sprang back up and looked at me with a little bit of a sinister glare. As anyone could have guessed, the entire class was now looking at us. I gave a nervous smile and whispered to Karma to follow me outside into the woods. 

Once me and Karma were far outside of our campus, he looked at me and asked "Nagisa, what the hell was that?!" I sighed. "Karma, let me tell you something that's been going on with me since this morning." I responded, looking directly into his eyes. "But you have to promise me that you tell nobody about this, okay?" Karma nodded and crossed his arms. "This better be good." I then explained to him about what happened yesterday when I was exploring an abandoned Alchemax facility and got bit by some weird type of spider, and how my vision, eyesight, and hearing were sharpened beyond normal levels, and how I somehow got abs and arm muscle overnight. Then, to top it off, I showed him where the spider had bit me and the mark that was still visible on my hand. Although he seemed to be pretty skeptical about it, I could tell that he still somewhat believed in my story. "So, let me get this straight," he started, "you're telling me that you got bit by some kind of super spider in an abandoned laboratory, and now you think it's given you superpowers." I nodded. "Not just superpowers though, I think it's like... spider powers." Karma scratched the back of his head and looked at me. "Okay, but you gotta prove it. Do something that a normal human couldn't do." I thought for a moment and looked at my wrist, but I decided that Karma would want more proof than just to see me shoot a web from my wrist again. So, I walked over to a nearby unclimbable tree and looked up at it. "Here goes nothing." I said, slowly beginning to climb the side of the smooth and vertical tree, without ever slipping off of it. "See what I mean? We have training on this tree everyday, and nobody's been able to climb it, ever, and yet here I am climbing the tree like nothing. Plus, this thing's so smooth you can't even get a grip on it. " Karma nodded in response to my statement. "So you really do have powers, huh.." I hopped down from the tree and landed on my feet. "Yeah, but I really don't want anyone to know about them." Karma nodded and gave me a smirk. "Don't worry about it. Your secret is safe with me." I smiled. "Thanks, Karma. I knew I could trust you."