Day 30 - Rivals AU

Set 5 years before Day 28

Damian was furious. How does he, the heir to the Demon need a wife! And being told she was as skilled as him. Outrageous.

"Damian! Come" Talia called her son harshly. Damian walked over in anger. An old man with graying sideburns was standing behind a petite girl. She had navy hair in two pigtails, she wore a warrior's dress that was dark pink and grey. Her eyes were a bright blue. She had a small smile but saw a glint of darkness behind the innocent mask.

"Damian this is Marinette Fu, your betroth.  This is my son Damian" Talia bluntly introduced. The old man urged Marinette towards Damian. She carefully walked towards him. She did a small bow when she reached within 1 foot of Damian.

"Now I expect you two to behave, you may be young but you are the future" Ra's Al Ghul said. Marinette turned to the old man. "Zàijiàn yéyé" Marinette kissing his cheek. Soon the two five year olds who were two advanced for their age were left alone in a sparring room.

"Wanna spar" Damian asked to see if this little girl was worth his time.

--------

Damian and Marinette were heavy in their 'sparring match'. Many scratches and bruises. Marinette wielded a staff of metal while Damian choose a katana. Every kick, punch and other  attacks from one another was blocked until both children fell to the floor.

"You are not bad Fu" Damian said breathless. "I have a name" Marinette hissed. "My apologies, Marinette" Damian said smiling at the petite girl.

Thus the beginning of Daminette