chapter two- temptations from the dark side

"Are you ready," Rey asked. Ben shook his head. "They hate me. The entire resistance hates me."

"No. They hate Kylo Ren. You're Ben Solo now," Rey said, caressing his face with her hand.

Ben and Rey stepped out of the ship and onto the Resistance's base. Everyone turned and went to hug Rey.

"You made it back safely!"

"You defeated Palpatine!"

"You killed Kylo Ren!"

Finn, Poe, and Chewbacca had their mouths open in shock. Finn and Poe pulled out their blasters and pointed them at Ben.

"Stop!" Rey cried.

"Why did you bring Kylo Ren here? And not in handcuffs or chains either?" Finn said in disgust, his blaster still pointed at Ben.

"I didn't!" Rey said.

Everyone watching gasped and drew their weapons.

"That's Kylo Ren?!"

"What is he doing here?"

"Rey is a traitor!"

Poe glared at Rey. "How could you."

"No, Poe. It's Ben," Rey said.

"Yeah, also known as KYLO REN," Finn commented, half sarcastically and half angrily.

"No, I'm good now. Rey turned me to the light," Ben explained.

Finn's eyes were filled with rage. "How could you?! Traitor!" Finn yelled, and shot Rey in the chest.

Rey's eyes glanced over and she fell back, into the sand.

Ben rushed over to Rey and picked her up, holding her.

Finn dropped his blaster, realising what he had just done. "What did I just do..."

Poe and Chewbacca looked at Finn with hurt.

Rey looked at Ben with sadness in her eyes. She was too weak to talk, so she used the Force to connect with him. I just wish I had more time with you.

Don't die on me, Rey. Not when I just got you, Ben said back.

I'm already weak, Ben. I can't hold on much longer, Rey said.

Yes, you can.

Ben took his glove off and put his hand over her chest. Rey's wound closed.

Ben then stood up with a look in his eyes that contained so much rage and anger. He made eye contact with Finn. Ben raised his hand and Finn was raised into the air. "I should have killed you a long time ago, FN-2187!"

Finn, still suspended in the air, held his hands to his neck, chocking.

"Ben!" Rey said weakly.

Ben ignored Rey and pressed tighter. "I'm doing this for you, Rey."

"This is not who you are!" Rey said.

"He shot you, Rey! You almost died!" Ben exclaimed, still holding Finn in the air.

"And you saved me," Rey said, trying to convince Ben to release Finn.

Ben relaxed his shoulders and dropped his hand to his side. Finn fell into the sand.

"I'm sorry, Rey," Finn stated, guilt crossing his face.

"It's fine," Rey said.

Darkness filled Ben's face. Rey noticed it and stood up, and walked over to him. Rey took his hands in hers. "Let's go find you a room to stay in," she said.