Chapter 6

After Leanne explained the story, she sat snuggled next to her mum for around half an hour.
"Mum, you know how you love me ever so much?"
"Yes..." Natalie looked down at her daughter wondering what was going to follow.
"Would you please go and get my phone?" Leanne asked hopefully.
"Only 'cause it's you" Leanne smiled as Natalie got up. "Where is it then?"
"Auntie Aimie's room..."
"I can't just go in her room!"
"Well, there's this thing called knocking..."
"You know you'll suffer the consequences of this,"
"How?!?!"
"We'll have to spend the day with a tired Aimie..."
Leanne looked at her mother with puppy dog eyes.
"Oh, fine, I'll go"

*knock knock*

"Aimie, are you awake?" Natalie said very softly.
"I am now... what time is it?" Aimie grudged.
"5:45" Aimie groaned again. "Please can I have Leanne's phone?" Nat asked hopefully.
"Don't worry, Leanne told me everything, but thank you for doing what you did"
"What did I do?" Aimie asked confused as she handed over the phone. "It's still very early"
"For going into Leanne's room and getting her to tell you, well you know" Natalie looked down.
"You know I will always do that,"
"That's why you're the best best friend I could wish for" She left, allowing Aimie to go back to sleep and returned back downstairs. She sat back down and passed the phone to Leanne.
"Thank Youuuuuuuu" She extended the end of the phase the same way a 5 year old would.
"Want to help me pack lunch for later?"
"Only 'cause it's you!" Leanne mocked.
"You devil..."

A/N
Sorry it's so short, I didn't know how to lengthen it without making it 700 words long 😂 Xx