Chapter 17

Aimie walked into Leanne's room around 1:30 expecting to find her niece asleep but instead finding her sat up against the wall reading a book. Aimie pushed the door wide open and leant against the frame.

"Uh, hum" She coughed to gain the teen's attention."What are you doing awake Leanne Ella Paris?" Leanne looked up from her book.

"Waiting for mum to get home," She answered coldly.

"Come on love, we don't know when she'll be back" Aimie rubbed her eyes and came to sit on the girl's bed.

"But I am going to wait for her. That's what you're doing."

"But I am like 30 years older than you and you have school, technically today," Aimie took the book out of the young girl's hands and placed it face-down on the dressing table.

"Hey!"

"Love, you're tired. I can see it in your eyes and that's why your Mum sent you home." Leanne didn't reply and avoided eye-contact."Look, why don't we text Maiya and ask for an update?" Aimie pulled her phone out of her pocket while Leanne nodded in silence

'Any updates? x'

'An hour or so after you left, Nat was sick again, so the doctors want to keep her in until around about 3/4 ish xx'

'Thx Maiya, sml x'

'Np Aimie x ly xx'

"She's not going to be discharged for another 3 or so hours, so the earliest she'll be back is around 4 or 5." Aimie said softly."Hey, how about you go to sleep..."

"No, I've already told you,"

"You didn't let me finish love. Why don't you go to sleep and I'll wake you up when she's on her way home,"

"But..."

"Oi, don't argue with me, Paris," Aimie joked in a successful attempt to see a smile from the young girl.

"Promise you'll wake me up ...?"

"Yes! I promise,"